We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheel chair assistance

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
wheel chair assistance

Hi i know that we will be assistated by the airline from the plane to the customs desk, but i was wondering if anyone that has recently been noticed if there were wheel chairs available just after this area to be of use from customs to the transfer bus waiting or if they noticed porters with wheel chairs need to have one to assist my mom after customs she has a hard time walking any info would be appreciated

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,843 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wheel chair assistance

They will take her through customs and all the way to your transportation.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wheel chair assistance

really that is great news i was told they only take as far as customs then im on my own my travel agent has said this is great if they do actually assist all the way to the transfer

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wheel chair assistance

At PVR they are waiting on the jetway with your name on a card, they take you through immigrations, fetch your luggage, then through customs and out to your transportation. They work their tails off for folks, I make sure to give them a very nice gratuity.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wheel chair assistance

oh yes forsure we will tip them already had that in mind if it wasnt a flight attendant pushing

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wheel chair assistance

The wheelchair porters I've had at PVR have done a great job. Enjoy your trip!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wheel chair assistance

Usually, they are there when you get off the plane. If not, shortly after. They take you through the Mexican Residents immigration line which is way shorter, grab your bags, get you through Customs, through the Shark Tank and out to the taxis or buses all in less time than it took me to type this. I was very impressed.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wheel chair assistance

well this is a load of my mind now as the travel agent has been telling me i would require to rent my own wheelchair to take down with me as the airline carriers only allow from tar mac to customs and from check in to security gate thank you everyone for your help

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wheel chair assistance

The wheelchair attendants at every airport I've been through work either for the airport or an outside service hired by them, not the airlines. The airline only informs the airport that they have a passenger who requires assistance.

You might want to let your TA they are misinformed.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wheel chair assistance

Rent a wheelchair? What rubbish! (Maybe it's time to use another travel agent or start making your own travel arrangements.)

For about 10 years now, I've been using a wheelchair off and on at O'Hare and other airports (including PVR). I just tell the airline that I will need a wheelchair and they take care of everything.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
314 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wheel chair assistance

We were there in February and our daughter flew alone-everyone at PV airport from the wheelchair attendants to the customs officers and pick up service were excellent. She was less than 10 minutes from disembarking to getting in the van to the hotel. First press of the button gave her a red light but she was told to hit the button again and wheeled right through.