We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
455 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

But now I know that I could NEVER go back for one week.

We have graduated twice this winter. First, this is our first ever two-trip winter. We stayed at Dreams in first week Nov and had an ok time at the hotel, but we are never at the hotel, so really they just took the money. Wont do that again.

Now, we have the two week step under our belts.

We made our third visit to the Tropicana. Got a great deal- as always, and were treated like gold- again as always. Right in the middle of the action and easy access to the best food. Man I love food.

Extra remarkable and new on this trip were, in order, Embarcadero for just a head-spinningly superb seafood dinner, El Querreque for perfect poached eggs and other great breakfast goods, Torito for ribs that lived up to the hype- they were just perfect, Taste of Italy for the head-sized lasagna and outstanding service, and the taco stand on Fco Rogriguez for creating a taco monster in me.

Got out fishing with Louis on the Babalu twice- skunked once and then got on them the second time. Louis has easily the nicest Panga on the bay and runs a great service.

Broke the bank in Telaquepaque- the place where you need to go for real authentic and decently priced mexican pottery and knick knacks.

Watched every Jets game, the first couple in Nacho Daddy then at Steves. Our group groused about the chairs at Nacho Daddy. Not so comfy. I think they make up for it with their margs and Raicilla shots.

Loved the beach at Los Muertos. Weather was perfect and the Trop had great prices for cubetzos (sp. buckets...?) and drink 2 for 1s each day. No need to do the cooler thing on the beach at those prices. Breakfasts and lunches on beach days at Fidencios next door. I miss that place. Awesome food and TOP NOTCH service. Also was great to see so many people that we recognize from trips past. Great to see Tansandy on the beach as usual. Just didnt know him as Tansandy and didnt know he was on TA. Boy, does that guy know his PV stuff. Thanks for the lists Rog!

I think we walked 100kms in two weeks. I love Puerto Vallarta and would love to be back there to walk another 100kms this week. The city was clean. We had absolutely no troubles or adverse affects. We were treated as family members by everyone we met, and I am always so grateful that the locals that seem to go so far out of their way to make sure everything is good, that you know where you are going. And more specifically, the way they are so happy when we try to use the tourist spanish that we learn along the way. It just seems to mean so much to them.

This trip, more than any other, I began to truly feel like a Puerto Vallarta....... i dont know..... a resident? Regular? Like we belong. and are remembered, and have a connection with the people and the culture in PV. I love it and thats all because of the way that those people treat us, and it really is a massive component of travelling to PV that doesnt get enough airplay. It feels like home to us and I absolutely loathed to leave. But, maybe its good, and will push us to graduate again this fall. Three weeks? Condo? Always learning- thanks to TA PV Forum group for your help.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

Once it gets in you blood you just want to stay longer and longer. It sounds like you had a great trip. :)

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

Nice report, sounds like you totally enjoyed your trip.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

Sorry I missed you, fate, another reason to come back :)

ohio
Level Contributor
318 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

Wow! Well said! You've got it as bad as many of the rest of us. When I step off that plane in Vallarta I, too, feel like I'm home. Am missing being there terribly and have only been back to Ohio since 3/1/13.

This was our 10th year to visit, beginning with a few one-week stays and finally graduating to a month stay in a condo near Los Muertos the past four years. Staying in a condo is great for us as we do like to fix some simple seafood meals "in" once in a while. We never manage to fit in everything we want to do during the month we are there, so there is always something to look forward to coming back for next year.

Warm weather, the ocean, great restaurants, reunions with other traveler friends, Saturday morning markets, the whales, jaw-dropping gorgeous home tours, shopping, a day on Mismaloya beach..............just a few reasons to keep returning. But, the best reason is the sincere warmth, friendliness and eagerness to please found in the beautiful residents of Vallarta. No travel brochure can relay to potential tourists how specially we are welcomed by her people.

So glad you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for the post even though it made me homesick. Especially since we are under another winter storm watch today! Argh! Where is Spring?!

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

Watch out, Deej. Take it from me, you might be buying property in Mexico someday!

ohio
Level Contributor
318 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

Elenamex....LOL! So true!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

Thanks for the great read! Looks like you're an addict now, join the club. I booked a one week trip once. I cried on the plane TO Vallarta.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

dee so glad you had a blast. embarcadero in december was a first for us and i mention it whenever i can because it is so good---glad you liked it.

el querreque is where?

hockey fan isee---go pens--11 in a row now.

los muertos is my fav beach to be also---still love my cooler tho---it's my pal.

and you are OH so right about the peeps in pv.

i see you getting a condo next.

thx for the review.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
745 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

i love your post.

Being treated like family is what brings us back too...not to mention it is so walkable, safe and oh so beautiful..

I LOVE MY PV !!

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
642 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I didnt know if I could enjoy two weeks...

We used to do 2 weeks, and wondered if 3 would be too much. NOT AT ALL! Now our dream is of several months!