We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

Anyone have advice regarding street noise at the Hotel Belmar? Most of their reviews are positive with the exception of street noise. Is it really that bad?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

My advice? Take earplugs. Mexico is a noisy country, and this hotel is on a busy street corner inland from the beach that sees plenty of traffic...some noise will be inevitable. It is what it is. *shrug*

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

Buenos días.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjYkK2ipzfU

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

I think I want that sound for my phone ringer. I kind of miss it... (-:

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

Not much noise after 11pm, get a higher floor to make it less, really no worse than Posada Roger.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,980 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

Let's face it --- people have different sensitivities to noise and some you can get used to and some you can't. The propane trucks (in Ted's youtube) don't bother me at all. They are during the day and pass quickly. It's the dogs and roosters penned up across the street that do a number on me. Also, my room (not at the Belmar but at another noisy hotel) is right under a restaurant where the nationals will be having parties and events during much of the year and it sometimes sounds like a major national convention right above me. No sleeping much of the night, some nights.

Personally, I've never stayed at the Belmar and wouldn't, just because that street corner is pretty major and at least my noisy place is not on a busy street.

All depends on your tolerances. If I was tempted to stay there, which I'm not, I'd probably have a back-up plan, just in case.

Also, speaking of Posada de Roger, when I stayed there for a week not so long ago, people would come into the courtyard at 2 to 3am and have these really loud conversations which would travel all over the place, even though the management frowned on that and advised people not to talk in the courtyard after a certain hour. I didn't sleep much there. People do what they do.

So ---- if you're inclined to stay at the Belmar, yes ---- it is on a busy noisy street but who knows how many roosters and dogs and other noisy things are around? You might want to try it for a few days and see what your tolerance is and how fast you get used to the noise. The other thing is ---- I'm usually OK in noisy places if they have A/C and you can keep the doors shut. Not sure if Belmar has A/C.

Good luck.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

I doubt there are many dogs or roosters around the Belmar, it's not in that sort of residential area. They also have rooms that aren't facing the street. As I posted before, unless you want to sleep during the day with the windows open, it really isn't that bad in that area, busses stop by 11pm and delivery trucks, like the gas trucks, stop by 5pm.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

<and delivery trucks ... stop by 5pm>

Yeah and start up again at the crack of dawn (lol)!!

I have never stayed there but the way Belmar sits right on one extremely busy street I just don't see how it couldn't have significant traffic noise, even in the back facing rooms of the building. That street is WAY more heavily trafficed than B. Badillo so I question how it could be as quiet as the back rooms at Posada Roger.

JR since you live there, have you stayed at these two hotels yourself? suze

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

Agree with Suze.

If street noise is a problem for you,do some research as to the location of your property.

Belmar is in a very busy section.

Michael

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

I live not that far away and Insurgentes is not that busy at night. Religious Festivals excepted, we don't know when the 'noisy' complaints were made. :)

Edited: 02 April 2013, 18:32
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Street noise at Hotel Belmar?

Thanks everybody for confirming my original advice of earplugs. LOL

Even quiet hotels have noise at night. Again, inevitable. If you want sleep you do what you have to do individually to make that happen, and based on the OP's other postings it appears they may be traveling sola on a budget, so the Belmar makes sense for them. I usually find the people who complain about noise at a place like the Belmar (or the Roger, or the Azteca, etc etc) are the ones that haven't really done their research/homework on where they are staying.

The advice about non streetside rooms is good, and the earplugs will also come in handy. I hope the OP has a great trip, Belmar is a cool budget hotel.

Edited: 02 April 2013, 18:41