We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is nearby Costa Sur?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What is nearby Costa Sur?

We arrived last night to costa sur. the back drop is beautiful but I was a little taken aback at how it feels like we are almost out of town. Of course this could just be my perception based on being in the dark and having not been to PV for 10 plus years!

For those familiar with the area-any suggestions for must sees nearby? The food at the hotel is priced crazy so we'd like to have some other options.

In general, looking for places to eat all meals, somewhere to get a cervesa on the beach and just places we should see. Thanks in advance!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

Also, best nearby ATM!

Grass Valley...
Level Contributor
536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

Catch the bus north to the end of the line at Consticion and Badillio. You are within easy walking distance tof a plethora of excellent restaurants and about 4 blocks to all of the beach bars on Los Muertos beach. Enjoy.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

Do you mean within walking distance? I don't think there is anything within walking distance. We always took the bus into town for restaurants, bought beer and food at Ley's (I think that's what the supermarket's name is?) and tried to cook at least one or two meals a day in the room to keep costs down, and spent some evenings sitting out on the deck with our beer. Enjoy your trip! :)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

One of the best meals we had there was a seafood meal in Mismaloya (the village) called Tonys, it was so reasonably priced and the menu changes daily with the fresh catch. He brings it out on a platter and you choose. We had the seafood combo for 2 and it was amazig and a great price.The price would be in my restaurant review as I don't recall right now, but about 540 pesos. You can take the bus going south from your property, or a cab. The bus will drop you at the mouth of the village on the highway and you can walk up towards the mountains or you can take a cab. Everyone knows where it is.

You can also go spend the day at Mismaloya beach (same bus, but you go to the ocean instead of the village) and they have really inexpensive massages and we had some great lunch food there. Nice to spend a few hours in the afternoon for something different than in town. You can also stay on the bus and go further to Boca de Tomatlan. We had great tacos at a taco stand there.

The bus will be 7 pesos a person whether you go north to town or south to Mismaloya/Boca.

Enjoy.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

You are a very short bus or taxi ride to town where you have a large selection of some of the best places to eat in PV. If you opt for the bus it lets you off on Basilio Badillo where you have many shops and restaurants to choose from. Don't miss walking the Melacon on sunday evening or any other evening but sunday is special with lots of activity & people to see. If you take the bus south of your resort to Boca de Tomaltan, you can take the water taxi south to some of the most beautiful tropical beaches including Yelapa. Saturday is also a good time to take in the Farmers Market off Basilio Badillo and the other one at the Community Center both within walking distance of each other. For breakfast try Fredy's Tucan & Coco's Kitchen both very good and reasonable.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,548 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

Costa Sur has an ATM, no need to look elsewhere. They are also very good about exchanging at the front desk for a decent rate.

Just south between you and town is Lindo Mar Condos. They have a very good restaurant....La Playita.

You are actually in a great area to enjoy all things on the south side of town and south of you as people suggested...Mismaloya, Boca de Tomatlan and Yelapa. There is also the zoo....very unique and is in Mismaloya.

If you need eggs etc. for breakfast and don't want to use the store at CS, there is an Oxxo between you and town. If you need more food than some basics... there are alternatives in town....no need to go to Ley's unless you're really going to do some serious cooking.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,802 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

"We arrived last night to costa sur. the back drop is beautiful but I was a little taken aback at how it feels like we are almost out of town."

Well, technically you ARE out of town. (-;

No worries though, it's not hard to get to, just follow the directions above.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

Thanks all! We are here for a wedding so were somewhat limited in options for where to stay. This will help is tremendously for our initial venture out.

Oregon
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

I second La Playita for all meals. :)

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is nearby Costa Sur?

As Kansas said, there is an ATM right there, and we found the fees to be very fair.

It's just a short bus ride to town. When the bus stops and everyone gets off, you'll be right in the middle of dozens of good restaurants.