We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to La Playita

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Walk to La Playita

We are staying at the Plaza Dorada. My fellow roommates just informed me that they were planning on getting up and walking in the mornings now. I remember a post on walking the beach to a breakfast at La Playita. How long will that take? And there was a mention of searching for glass or something along the way? Just where along the walk does one start looking and just ex-actually what kind of glass will I be looking for? I may have mixed this with another post if so I still would like to know about the time of the walk, etc.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,482 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk to La Playita

Here's a link to experiences the daughter and I shared back in May '11. We did the walk from Los Muertos beach and return, several times during that stay. The route has been improved a little since then .. from what I've read, but even back then, it was quite fine.

It's a lovely area, small cove beaches, and so well-worth doing/experiencing.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k448952…

Edited: 16 April 2013, 20:49
Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk to La Playita

Hi Wb, that was me who posted about the sea glass on our first walk to La Playita. Look near the rocks along the beach for the glass - its very small but colored usually blue, green, brown or white. You can tell what it is by the polished rounded edges as opposed to a little piece of rock. Here's a link to a picture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_glass

You'll start seeing the rocky areas as soon as you descend from the stair steps from the end of Los Muertos beach. Have fun!

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk to La Playita

I would say to allow half hour if you are looking for glass. 10 minutes on Los Muertos and 20 minutes in the coves.

4. Re: Walk to La Playita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 06:16