We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhythms of the Night questions

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rhythms of the Night questions

As always, I appreciate the great information to be found on these forums. My boyfriend and I are headed to Puerto Vallarta at the end of May and we're looking forward to doing at least one excursion / activity. Rhythms of the Night looks very interesting to us. I notice it's described over and over as "romantic". So here's my question for folks who have been: Would it be comfortable for a gay male couple? I understand Vallarta is "gay-friendly", but we'd rather not feel out of place for five hours.

And I noticed a couple of other reviews made Rhythms of the Night sound almost like a drunk-fest. Is that your experience?

Thanks again!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

No problem at all.

|Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

Hi SouthAus,

My wife and I have done the Rhythms of the Night twice and enjoyed both times very much. We did not feel that there was excessive drinking either time we went. It was very romantic and relaxing. Guess it would depend on your group, but we wouldn't classify it as a "drunk fest". In my opinion, you should feel very comfortable doing this as a gay couple. In our experience in PV, we have found very little to no homophobia. I think that everyone that goes to Puerto Vallarta knows that it is very gay-friendly and it is really not an issue.

Hope that you enjoy your trip!

Happy Travels, The Cheeseheads

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,948 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

I've taken that tour 3 times with friends - no issues ever. It's romantic but it's also entertaining and enjoyable if you aren't part of a duo. I've seen families, groups of friends, spouses...all kinds. (-:

Drunk fest? Pfft...hardly. Perhaps that reviewer was on with a group like that but that's really not the overall experience in any way. There are cocktails served on the boat ride over (rum punch, pina colada, margs, beer), you can have wine or a drink with your meal, and they will serve on the way back. Our group was pleasantly tipsy, but the return trip certainly wasn't some drunken frat party atmosphere.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

They serve booze, but was certainly not what I'd call a drunk fest the two times we went.

Like JR said, not a problem regarding your other concerns.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
900 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

Large group of mid age Males on our recent trip and they were having a blast on the boat. It's romantic in the sense that there are hundreds of candles for the source of lighting. Go and enjoy.

Edited: 18 April 2013, 18:19
Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

Go! You will enjoy it and not feel out of place. Have a fabulous time in Vallarta. Explore the southside of Vallarta - you will adore it!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

We really enjoyed this evening and noticed several gay couples having an equally fine time - it was a wonderful time! So glad we did this and I am sure you will too. :)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

You guys will love it! The booze cruise on the way back after the show can be a little cheesy, but the dinner/show is fantastic and very romantic. Highly recommend it.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

I agree with Connor W. Yes, the cruise on the way back is definitely cheesy (ours was too) in the fact that it was dark and the boat was lit up with all kinds of action. I just wanted to relax and enjoy the ride back but they had entertainment on it., contests... etc. Music and guys with microphones, etc. Everyone by that time had enough to drink (if they chose to drink) and some were at the back of the boat getting sick. I was expecting a relaxing fun time home, but it was "amped up" and for us it was no fun on the return ride. Maybe others enjoy that kind of entertainment on a late night, after a great show and great dinner, but we did not.. JMHO.

Also, you will have a great time fitting in with everyone. No problem there! Enjoy!

Edited: 18 April 2013, 20:17
|Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rhythms of the Night questions

Wow Deana, you describe such a different ride back than we had! On our ride back they played soft music and had the lights low. It was very romantic. They must alter the entertainment by what they think the crowd wants. We still would recommend going.

Happy Travels