We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

Any recommended beach spots between PV and Mismaloya to spend a few hours?

Preferably accessible by the bus and with a nearby restaurant/bar

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

The beach at Lindo Mar

Playa Las Gemelas, but only one restaurant

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,369 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

Mismaloya would be good if you like a quaint beach with beach places to lounge, really nice waiter's that handle the beach service....I can make a suggestion on that, .....some panga activity in the cove, and just some general easy going activity.

There is a pretty beach area about half way or more to Mismaloya, you can see it from the road. It's beautiful. To my knowledge no beach service but they have tables... so maybe. But, this is a pretty beach. Some people have been there....maybe they can tell you. I have been curious about this one. Not a lot of beach activity unless you go on the weekend when the locals go.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

Thanks for the suggestions so far

Beach service isn't necessary - really looking for somewhere to lay my towel down, read a book, take a dip, and then get a snack and a cold adult beverage

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,369 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

You don't have to get a chair or lounger at Mismaloya or the other beach I mentioned, but at Mismaloya if you order even a drink.....you've paid for the chair and lounger.....that's all it takes.

Gemelas has no chairs or loungers but you can go to the restaurant that belongs to the condos there and get a snack and beverage.

The beach that I don't know the name for....it hasn't always been used very much and now it's really popular with the locals. Because it's use has suddenly become popular there aren't a lot of people who have been there. I know iyam is planning on checking it out in June. Maybe someone will know if you can get something to drink and eat there.

There is always the beach in front of Lindo Mar and they have one restaurant. You could flop down there. It's a small beach with rocky outcroppings surrounding it. Maybe you would like it.....you could try to sit away from the condo residents if you wanted some privacy.

These are all completely different in personality. There aren't a lot of beaches along that route where you can get refreshment....that's what great about it, not very commercialized.

Edited: 19 April 2013, 00:28
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

Thanks again KansasPVgal

We hiked to Lindo Mar along the rocks/road on my last visit but the beach there didn't look so hot so we tried hiking further down the highway but eventually gave up and caught a bus back into PV. Maybe I'll give it another chance when I'm there next month

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

The restaurant at Gemales is very good. We ate there a few times in January and enjoyed all our meals. On the weekend they did have guys with fish and shrimp and other snacks.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

The restaurant is at the Girasol Condos (La Palapa) and as noted it is very good.

I imagine you can get a bun and a beer at the Intercontinental Presidente, next door to the Girasol.

As far as I recall, Condos Las Gemelas does not have a restaurant.

You could go to the small tienda at the Girasol and pick up some amber transfusions and some snacks for the bech. Remember to haul your garbage out.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

That's right, there is no restaurant at the Playas Gemales condos. We used the restaurant at the Girasol Sur and the gift shop there for beer. They also made homemade sandwiches at that store that were very good and cheap.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

If I take the bus to Playa las Gemelas - what's a good landmark to look out for so I know where to get off?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any good beaches between PV and Mismaloya?

The Playas Gemales condos (there are 4 of them that are tall and identical) or the Girasol Sur. I actually would get off at Girasol so you can buy some beer and snacks at their store before heading down. There is a bus stop on both sides of the road there.