We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Velas peacock

cameron park, ca.
Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Velas peacock

I love peacocks! How many are there on the property? Do they eat out of your hand?

CT
Level Contributor
547 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Velas peacock

There are several of them. When they are not walking around, they usually nest in some bushes off the Northside outside walkway.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,959 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Velas peacock

I have fed some out of my hand, quietly, gently, they roam about, beautiful..

cameron park, ca.
Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Velas peacock

thanx for replying.....we once had 8 beautiful peacocks roaming around on our property.......then, one nite, a pack of dogs slaughtered them all. the carnage was so horrific that i knew i could never go thru that trama again, so didn't replace them. the thought of having a fab. vacation plus enjoying those beautiful birds sounds like paradise to me.

Topeka, Kansas...
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Velas peacock

I believe there is just one (at least that is social), and yes, they will come right up to you.

CT
Level Contributor
547 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Velas peacock

As of last Fall, we saw several.

Oooops, mea culpa. I did not realize you were talking about Casa Velas. I misunderstood it for the Velas Vallarta.

Edited: 26 April 2013, 15:38
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,959 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Velas peacock

There is more than one at Casa Velas, just depends if you see them or not..not sure one , two or how many....beautiful to look at ...they are calm if you are clam, if you go chasing them wqell yeah they may run away. I have actually had them follow me into my villa there..so cool.

With or without the peacocks Casa Velas is paradise...

7. Re: Casa Velas peacock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 06:17