We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early October

Tsawwassen, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Early October

My husband and I always visit PV in April/May and once we went in December. The weather has never let us down in all our years of visiting. A couple days ago we decided to try PV this October so we promptly booked a trip for Oct 5 to 12th. Like a fool I didnt even bother to look at what the weather might be doing. I guess I was just too darn excited about returning "home". Now I'm reading that the weather might not be all that great. Somebody please tell me some good news.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early October

We have been going in the later part of October since 2001. Temps about the same as May but humidity a little higher but not as high as the summer. Only a few evening rains in all those years. Early October should be about the same with maybe a touch more evening rain.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early October

Traditionally the rainy season ends mid October, but in the last few years it has changed, so all bets are off :)

Don't consider the weather letting you down with a bit of warm rain, it's very dramatic, doesn't last long and something you have never experienced before - go for it ! Plus it's cheaper and less crowded :)

new york
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early October

Gypsy,

The weather is hot and humid in October. Some rain at night but not every evening. The weather in October is more tolerable than in July and August though. I like to travel in October as it is the shoulder season and it's not crowded with tourists at this time.

It won't be as bad as you think. Have fun.

Calgary
Level Contributor
81 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early October

We always travel in October, and the twice I've been to PV in October we only had rain one night. Can't wait to go back this Oct.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early October

Earlier October is generally warmer than later in the month, but I wouldn't let that stop you. October is a great month to go.

Tsawwassen, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early October

Thanks everyone.You have put my mind at ease. I heard that theres a chance some of the shops might be closed still. Fact or fiction?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early October

Some places might be closed, but not so many that it would affect your trip. Still plenty of places open.

October is when the snowbirds start filtering back for the winter months, so most places try to do their closures earlier so they can be open starting then. I usually find by mid-month almost everything is back in swing.

Edit: if you have only gone in April/May or December, then October is going to be a real treat for you, foliage-wise. Coming out of the rainy season is SO different than in the spring after a long dry winter. Everything is so green, lush and blooming.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 22:53
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early October

I love October, the bay waters are very warm, the town is getting ready for the in season and the sunsets at the southern end of the bay. Hurricane Kenna "hit " in Oct 2002 but it was just waves and wind not much rain - what I have been told. We arrived the day after Kenna and except for the damage to the Malecon you'd never know there was a major storm the day before. The workers were re-building the palapas that had been swept to sea the next day and almost all of the beach clubs were open and ready for business using umbrellas and off site kitchens.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 23:09
9. Re: Early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:17