We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza Dorada in 21 days

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Plaza Dorada in 21 days

We will be at Plaza Dorada in 21 days. Hope we made a good choice. Any info about place would be welcome

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,744 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

Plaza Dorada is in an active part of the south side. It's active on the beach but not as much as further south actually, and you hear music from a couple of the restaurant/bars, the announcements at the school, things going on in the park. Some of this depends on where you're located in the building and even with that....there are different condo layouts and that makes a difference too. I like it there because I do like the activity. No worries....residents are not loud...that would never fly there.

All the condos are on the 2nd floor and up. On the first floor of the building.....but with only street entrances there is a liquor store, a money exchange and Vayan Cafe where you can eat and use the internet if needed. They also have great "to go" 2 for 1 Margarita's if you want to take it back to your balcony. There are two restaurants on the first floor beachside and of course many others in the area.

The pool gets sun by about 11 but there is always the beach. The maids are very nice and I feel trustworthy, and everyone in the building is friendly. If you like things active then you will love it at Plaza Dorada.

Edited: 28 April 2013, 00:51
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

We have friends that stay there every year and love it! Great location.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

Will be there in 3days. Staying in #402 for a week. Let me know if you have any questions.Which unitare you staying in?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

Third floor 303 I think. Enjoy your van.

Edited: 28 April 2013, 20:51
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

Vacation not van, sorry

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

I stayed there last year and loved it. I can't remember the unit number but it was called Casa Beverly. The location is perfect and the unit I stayed in was quiet for sleeping.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,955 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

It also has two very good restaurants on the ground level you can access, Daiquiri Dick's and Coco Tropical. Both places offer beach services to PD renters/owners from what I read.

The eggs benny at Daiquiri Dick's are worth every single calorie.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

Hey, we we are staying in Casa Beverly too!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

Can you get food to go at DD's? Romantic dinner on balcony, candles, twilight yah.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plaza Dorada in 21 days

terra---yes you can