We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

We have been to PV 3 times and are planning on going this summer. We always hear of this. We have been south to Mismaloya twice and loooove it. Any other recommendations for a day trip on the bus???

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,984 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

Welcome to the TripAdvisor!

Bucerias has its own forum. IMO, you'll have better luck getting info if you write there. What did you want to know about? Beach, restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc.?

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,745 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

Bucerias is a great day trip! Well worth it.The Beach is great.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

All the way up to Punta Mita and El Anclote beach that is there.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

How far is it from PV? We stay right by the marina. Is there an easy catch bus to there? What about cab? THANKS!

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

It is about a $20 cab ride from the marina. You can also get on a bus to Bucerias at Walmart.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

You can get the same bus at the airport stop.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,606 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

mand---make the trip---you won't regret it. visit the town/walk around and we like to go to mar y sol for appys or lunch. they have a shower there for their customers ---we used it to wash the salt off and get in dry clothes---made for a more comfy bus ride back

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,694 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

Bucerias is definitely worth your time --- a whole day, if needed. I go there several times each trip. It's a real village with a ton of excellent restaurants and shops and a flea market.

You say you are staying at the Marina. If so, and if you are taking the bus, the only way you can do it (ignore the mention of picking up the bus at the airport because that only applies to people picking up the bus going north at the airport and the Marina bus ONLY goes south, not north) is:

Take the Marina bus to Walmart (the Marina bus will be going south toward Centro) and go across the main drag to the Walmart parking lot and to the most northern parada (bus shelter) --- the one closest to the Galeria Mall (ie: the building which says Liverpool --- and the restaurant which says Vips).

From there, pick up either an ATM bus (silver/white) or a Compostela (green and white) bus, heading to Bucerias. It will say "Bucerias" on the windshield. It's 12 pesos from the Walmart parada.

If you are in a hurry (as the bus transfers can take time), you could potentially take a cab TO the airport stop and pick up an ATM or Compostela bus there. It's complicated though ---- I've done this around 20 times and I wouldn't recommend it to people trying it for the first time. It's much easier to pick up the bus at the Walmart bus shelter (parada --- closest to Vips). There will usually be a person with a clipboard there, to help you get on the right bus.

Do not miss Bucerias.

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
644 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

We LOVED our day trip to Bucerias!! We took the bus there --- very easy, but after drinking on the beach all day, didn't think we could spend that much time getting back..... if you know what I mean... We were happy to take a cab (300 P plus tip) and will definitely do it again!!!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
86 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bucerias??? Yes or No-- tips

We spent a morning walking the beach...loved it because it is so different from the beach in PV...you can walk forever. Then had lunch on the beach. Loved going through the shops, I would defiantly visit and next time consider staying there for a bit of the time. We also traveled a bit further north to Suyalita and really enjoyed our short vist. Had lunch at Punta Mita and wasn't as impressed with the area, the beach was ok, but we liked both Bucerias and Suyalita better. So yes I think you should go and check it out!