We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location and timing..

Gilroy, California
Level Contributor
112 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
location and timing..

coming for our 25th anniversary first week of August, have a little flex on days of week, but coming 7/31 to 8/2 for 5-6 days, all depends on if there is something going on ie; market day or fest you have to be at on a specific date - hate getting into town day after or leaving day before something fun. also thinking i like the Villa Premiere, but its downtown - is it in a good location or too far from good restaurants for a couple walkers? any and akk insight appreciated, john

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location and timing..

Not too far normally for people who love to walk....but it will be hot at that time, so walking a long ways will have you sweaty. At least in PV... there is always a shady side of the street and cabs are cheap if you decide it's too hot.

If you want upscale resort accommodations, Villa Premiere is the most upscale that is the closest to town....which the majority of popular restaurants are on the south side....but some downtown too. And it depends on what kind of food you want as well, there is good food to be found around Villa Premiere too.

As I said earlier, the majority of restaurants that are the most popular are on the south side. The map below shows Villa Premiere's location. Use the move up or move down feature on top and bottom of each map to see how the areas are connected. If you want to be on the south side, then you would probably enjoy a nice privately owned condo.

http://vallartainfo.com/n_downtown.html

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: location and timing..

You picked a great spot.Have a great time!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,707 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location and timing..

"but its downtown" ... is a GOOD thing!! Villa Premiere is a very nice hotel in a solid central location. I don't see how you can go wrong there. I don't know of any big festivals in August. There's things like the Saturday morning farmers market(s) on the south-side that are pretty fun. And the Malecon is always good on Sundays (but other days too). So I guess including a weekend might be worth it (but not a deal-breaker).

suze

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location and timing..

We just came back from the Villa Premiere in March - one of the highlights of our trip was the walks back to the resort at night....we ate in old town every night and strolled back on the Malecon right from old town to the end . We would usually take the bus to the restaurant - very easy. We loved the VP and chose not to do AI - best decision ever for us!

Gilroy, California
Level Contributor
112 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location and timing..

wow! thanks all, appreciate your insights on my questions - think i will lock up those dates (maybe a day early) and see you in Vallarta...jn

6. Re: location and timing..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 05:17