We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a quick lunch decision

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Need a quick lunch decision

Going for a late seafood lunch solo. I want to try a new joint. El Barracuda or Mariscos Polo? I think dinner will be at Joe Jacks. I prefer grilled fish. No cream sauces or breading. Thx. My trip is winding down. Hate going home

United States
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

marisco polos for sure!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,870 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

Depends where you are staying... El Barracuda is located north of town next door to the Buenaventua on the beach, the other restaurants are on the southside.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

I didn't think Marisos Polo was open at lunchtime, is it??? I remember going early for dinner (like 5pm) and they were just setting up. Hopefully someone else can confirm either way.

For a solo lunch, I'd head to Coco's Kitchen myself.

Or you could switch and do Joe Jack's for lunch and Marisos Polo for dinner. suze

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

I'm by the marina driving now south

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

Polo's is open, but I agree, I would chose that for dinner. :)

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

I chose Barracuda because of time something that ironically is limited when I'm here I.E. 5pm lunch. Nice clean beach spot. Opted for the snapper filet which is what they said it is as opposed to tilapia. Came with carrots broccoli and cauliflower. Happens to be quite good. I will get to MP one of these days. For some reason I find myself eating 11pm often at joe jacks. His menu is limited but the food is always good. For dinner I may be there or try zanate across the Street. Food in PV really is good and its fun dining here. I've ha the full spectrum and its impressive the variety.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,774 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

El Barracuda is a great lunch spot. Next time try the shrimp pastor tacos, or the smoked marlin tacos. Both are excellent.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

i hope to try el colera for lunch this trip

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,870 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

You could also try El Andariego (across the street from the Villa Premiere) or Las Adelitas (located south-east/behind Soriana at Plazaa Caracol), both offer grilled seafood and ahrimp and are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need a quick lunch decision

.. lunch is over is it not!! (post #6)