We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for three of the best dining spots

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego california
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
looking for three of the best dining spots

Hi All

We are arriving on Saturday for a week's stay and having never been before, want to experience, the best, non touristy places for dining, a view would be nice too, but more importantly good food, price is not an issue, looking to dine out possibly 3 or 4 nights of our stay, restaurant week sounds good too, an opportunity to splurge, perhaps. Thanks for your input.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

Where are you staying ?

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

what is non touristy?

i mean realy every place here in this community somehow depends on tourism. Do you mean you want traditinal style Mexican?

be a little more clear so that we can point you in the right direction . And trust me, you will more feedback than you can imagine

happy eating

Bruce

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

Very difficult to separate 'best dining spots' and 'non tourist'

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

Any particular type of food you are looking for? Mexican, American (as in USA), German, Austrian, Italian, French? With over 900 restaurants it is kind of hard to narrow it down to 3 without knowing a bit more about what your group wants.

As Bruce said you will probably be overwhelmed with all the responses.

san diego california
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

Sorry for being so vague, we love authentic mexican food, tapas, indian, thai italian, we are staying at a villa in upper conchas chinas, love a good margarita, perhaps you can recommend a good sunset place for appetizers and drinks. Thanks.....BY touristy I mean senior frogs type of joint.....

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

oh i get it now

mexican.. El arryan and perhaps you might want to try el moole de jovito on Bassilio Badillio

for indian there are a couple of places that you caould have gone to if you where here a few months ago. Right now, the only place I THINK is open, iis Paul Badal place in the Marina A few short step from Benitos

Tapas is a big mix,, the fan favorite is Willianm Place, barcelona Tapas, a fun place with great food. You can also get your sunset fix thre with some pretty effective Sangria

As far as a nice place for a sunset when money is not the issue, try Vista Grill a neat hint on the place, order a bunch of apetizers, you ill be better off

there is a new Italian place that is opened on Rudolfo Gomez . Pan Y que, 2nd location

really good, fun food at great prices

the blue cheese and pear pizza is a short claim to the best flavors on a pie here in pv

there really is a lot of opinions you wll get ...... let us know how you enjoyed everything when you get back

maybe a daily report on your stay

Food in Puerto vallarta and dining in particular as far as choices go are a dime a dozen,,,, picking out the ones you want to have a personal experience is often the end result of a combination of fun filled envoronment with good fun service and staff that are very helpfull and eager to please you

THIS,, IS WHAT YOU WILL FIND

Bruce

san diego california
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

HI Bruce, thank you for your response and suggestions, I will post a report when we return. Much appreciated.

Pauline

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,286 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

La Piazetta for Italian, The Red Cabbage for Mexican, Coco's Kitchen just because I love that place, the River Café for the atmosphere and scenery, La Palapa upscale and right on the beach.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

Vista Grill for views and good food, Zanate for excellent food. Mexican with a twist.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for three of the best dining spots

Since TA does not allow self-promotion, I'll add Bruce's restaurant Teatro Limón to the list.

No view, but makes up for it with amazing ambiance. It is a kind of hard to describe, I'll call it five star food and a ten star experience. When you make reservations, tell Bruce your group's likes, dislikes, any food allergies, etc. Meals are made to suit the customer's tastes.

If I hadn't injured my knee, we would have been celebrating our anniversary there tomorrow night, he has prepared our anniversary dinners for the last 9 or 10 years.

http://www.teatrolimon.com/

Edited: 14 May 2013, 17:47