We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

I've been scouring these pages looking for all useful info.... So far:

1. Will take regular taxi to hotel

2. Doing the zipline

3. Playing golf

4. Looking for a little league team for ny son to practice with

5. Erik not clear on WiFi status at now Amber. Does anyone know if its free?

6. Any 'must see' sights?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

Try Now Amber's Facebook page - there are TWO, one for "Now Amber" and one for the Now Amber E-concierge".

I'm thinking of N.A> in SEptember so will be interested in your report.

Found this thread (recent) on Wi-Fi:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k61290…

Edited: 14 May 2013, 21:59
Southern California
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

Thank you. I did see that, and was hoping for an even more recent report. Perhaps someone will yet post...

[Should have edited my original post. For #5, I meant '"still" not clear...' Sorry

Edited: 14 May 2013, 22:10
Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

Not sure about a little league team, maybe your concierge might be able to help>

Take the bus south to Mismaloya, check out the beach, then take a taxi up to the Zoo.

If you have time, the same bus continues on to Boca de Tomatlan, another small beach town where you can catch the water taxi to Yelapa.

Otherwise walk around, shop, chill, every place you go into will be kid friendly so don't worry about going into a bar for lunch with your son. No issues.

Check the maps at Vallartainfo.com

The bus pick up locations are clearly marked.

One thing for sure, your son is going to have things to talk about when he gets home. So will you for that matter.

But mostly, just relax, enjoy and go with the flow.

If you can find a palapa in front of the Seamonkey, have a couple of amber transfusions, something to eat, and watch the world slide by

Edited: 14 May 2013, 22:21
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

"little league" go to the Sports Stadium opposite the Sheraton, I think Saturday morning would be best for a 'pick up' game, at least with baseball you don't need to know the language. Inquire at the office by the running track.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,177 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

Best piece of final advice...chill, relax, have fun. Don't over schedule - let the city speak to you in terms of what you want to do.

And the #1 thing not to miss - the sunsets. Have fun!

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,901 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

Since you have your son with you....Vallarta Zoo for sure. Most unique you and he will probably ever visit. You can feed almost every animal except the big cats and you can get up close to all the animals.....no dead spaces between you and the fenced animal which means you can touch the Giraffe....the sweetest animal there . Your son can hold baby tigers and lions if they have any babies.... for a fee. It's a unique place. : -)

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
53 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

Maybe we'll see you there! I arrive May 25!

8. Re: arrivung now amber this friday (may17): any final advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:19