We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town Farmers Market Update

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,423 posts
Save Topic
Old Town Farmers Market Update

From their Facebook page today:

"In case you missed the BIG announcement- The Old Town Farmer's Market Puerto Vallarta will be open EVERY Saturday through July!"

https:/…

So for anyone interested in this market but thought you may have to wait until the fall...now you don't. (-:

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,087 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

jen---i couldn't get the site---is that the market on pulpito?

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

IYAM, This is the one that runs along the south side/sidewalk on Basillo Badillo. Was pretty cool when I was staying at Posada de Roger in february. Walk out the door and there it is. The food is usually served down at Natcho Daddy.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 16:49
SoCal
Level Contributor
9,631 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

Yup…While Gail shops my butt sits at a sidewalk table in front of Nacho Daddy, the perfect spot for watching all the market action while enjoying a frosty beverage.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,423 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

The site is their Facebook page. It's as noted, the one along Badillo. Smart idea staying open into the low season.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,397 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

They added music this winter.....usually someone singing and playing guitar across the street and not far from Nacho Daddy's. It made for a festive and fun atmosphere....nice music too.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

Teduardo - Sounds like a good plan ; )

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

"They added music this winter .. "

They've always had some 'live' music when we've been there.

Haven't seen/experienced the latest set up on Basilio Badillo, but have done several of their earlier markets (including the very first one), which were located on Pino Suarez (and included the "hot stuff" vendors inside the schoolyard) ... and each and every one had live music playing on Pino Suarez, setup near the corner with Basilio Badillo.

But no seating!! ... so couldn't do the "Teduardo thing"!!! :-)

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,631 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

When we were there in October the market was on both Basilio Badillo and up Pino Suarez.

My patience for shopping is pretty short, after about half an hour that chair in front of ND was calling out 'Teduardo…Teduardo…please come over.and sit in the shade', now how could I say no (-;

Edited: 16 May 2013, 23:14
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,087 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

thx---first time this market was open in june

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,397 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Town Farmers Market Update

Since they moved it to Basilio Badillo we hadn't seen any music when we were there in December. In March it wasn't there during our first week but was the second and third....so it's good to see it back....but maybe it isn't every weekend either.