We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

Houston
2 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

Hello all, we will be visiting mid-July and would love some recommendations in the northern area. It looks like Teatro Limon is nearby. We are fairly adventurous, but mostly just want good food and service. A view is a nice bonus. Cost is not really an issue. My wife is not a huge seafood fan, in general, but most anything else goes. Thank you in advance.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

Just throwing this out there... Outback Steakhouse is the closest to the Hilton across the street, further south La Leche is in front of the Fiesta Americana Hotel. Your also a quick cab ride to the marina, Rincon Buenas Aires is an Argentinean Grill with wood fired steaks, chicken and seafood; before or after dinner go to the top of the lighthouse (el faro) for a drink and great sunset views or an after dinner drink, views of the bay a possibly fireworks as the pirate ship heads back into port. The marina has some nice restaurants, Rincon is our favorite as well as Las Paloma's for Mexican and Portofino for Italian.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

Another quick cab ride will get you to Las Alcatarces ( Mexican), Las Adelitas (bar-b-que) and Lumbuke (Italian). On Avenida Fluvial near Costco.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,470 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

El Mero is right next door to Outback (north, across the Highway). It has very good Mexican food.

Are you AI? If not there is a cute little placej for breakfast called Candora that locals go to. It´s open every day from 8 am until 1 pm. Very basic, but cheap and good. You can also get tacos, burritos things like that. If you out the main entrance turn left and walk towards the cruise ship docks. It´s only a couple of doors. I also would recommend Las Adelitas for breakfast lunch or dinner. Good value, lots of choice. Breakfast starts at 8 am. Lunch stores at 1 pm, /but you can get burgers earlier). Good prices, service and nice Meixcan décor.

The Peninsula Plaza has some restaurants. Not quite sure what willl be available in July as a couple of places recently closed. . It´s a great place to use ATMs to withdraw cash so it´s good to know about.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

hi there

there is another , more adventurous option

at the Aramara mercado ( market ) interior

you have a whole bunch of places inside for breakfast and lunch,, the food is al traditionally prepared and worth enjoying at leat once during your trip

Bruce

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

Please don't limit yourself to restaurants near your hotel. Taxis are cheap. Take one to the southside and try any of the wonderful restaurants there.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

"Please don't limit yourself to restaurants near your hotel. Taxis are cheap. Take one to the southside and try any of the wonderful restaurants there."

There's a lot of Vallarta north of the city's south side, and much of it is, or might seldom be seen, or explored by those staying in the city's south side.

It's good to see the other posts directing their responses to the original poster's question.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,816 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

There is (or was, not sure if it's still there) a small restaurant almost directly in front of where the Hilton would be. The name escapes me but it looked sort of like a bit of a sports bar or BBQ place. I walked past it a few times on the way to Soriana and whatever they were making smelled good.

Since this area has been primarily inhabited with all inclusives for a long time until recent condo builds, there are a few places in the area but you'd have to travel a bit further afield for others. The marina is actually a very short taxi ride (probably 5 minutes or less), and has lots of places to eat.

Johnny - your last sentence was a bit harsh, no? People yell at me for far less.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

"Johnny - your last sentence was a bit harsh, no? People yell at me for far less."

I've often wished too ... but usually end up biting my tongue!! :-)

But sorry to terricks ... if it sounded that harsh.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

Missed edit time.

My point (in post #6) was that many of us that stay in the city's south side might often seem to forget there's a lot of Vallarta to the north of us, offering some excellent dining choices ... and many of which are truly local in flavour ... as indicated by the several, good positive responses to the original posters question.

The thread, imo, had not to be taken away from from where it was started, and centered ...

Happy dining traphaeli!!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants near the Hilton in the Zona Hotelera Norte

Sorry to take the thread off course. I guess that I just worry that people spend all their time within a few block radius of their resort, and don't venture south of the Rio Cuale. I have friends that have been to PV and have never been south of the river.