We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the Melia...

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Question about the Melia...

Can anyone tell me if the Garden rooms view street or just face towards the ocean but have a garden view as they are on lower floors... just trying to decide if i should pay more money for the ocean view... just dont want to be facing a dumpster/alley or something off the balcony.. lol

I am assuming they are decorated the same and have same amenities.. Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about the Melia...

The rooms are different depending on what you choose, some nicer than others. When we stayed we paid a little more for Ocean view and it was worth it, although I will say the rooms are getting a bit dated.

The resort is beautiful, food is ok, but don't forget to go over to the Marina and try some good food there, its an easy walk.

Hope you have a great trip.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about the Melia...

I am hoping JNS will post to this, he has good info on alot of these resorts.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about the Melia...

From my experience you enter the rooms from the back and they all face the center courtyard or garden area, some with better views than others; to the best of my knowledge none face the street, alley or dumpster area. Also there are different levels of 'ocean view'... rooms with direct ocean views and rooms further back on the property on higher floors with views of the bay from the balcony, rooms on lower levels are also considered garden view.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about the Melia...

Gracias JNS for posting:))

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about the Melia...

Thank you! I was hoping that is how it is set up so I booked the garden view... use the extra $$ for some dinners out! Thanks again!

6. Re: Question about the Melia...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 05:16