We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

Please and thank you

looking for a list of hotels near the Canto Del Sol Area .. I tried to search up older forums to see if that would help but nothing has been updated since 2009.

Have a nice day folks!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

Villas Vallarta (sister property part of Canto), Sunset Plaza, Las Palmas By The Sea, Plaza Pelicano's, and Now Amber are close by.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

If you mean within walking distance:

Sheraton, NOW Amber, Secrets, Plaza Pelicanos Grand, Los Tules, Sunset Plaza, Las Palmas, Fiesta Americana, Friendly, Villa del Palmar/Villa del Mar --- and a little further away to the north are Holiday Inn, Krystal and Hilton.

The closest are NOW Amber, Secrets and Plaza Pelicanos Grand. The latter shares the same parking area entrance with Canto del Sol.

PS to edit: Right (re above) on Villas Vallarta sister property.....right across the same street that Canto del Sol and Plaza Pelicanos Grand are on (almost sharing a driveway) but I figured you had already considered that as they are related. Are you trying to be close-by some friends?

Edited: 01 June 2013, 16:21
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

We are looking for some different options this year I stayed at Canto in 2008 I liked it but wanted to be close to the downtown area . I didn't know I had so many options! Now Amber looks beautiful !!

Thank you!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

This map shows CDS and where the hotels mentioned are in relation to it.

http://vallartainfo.com/hotelzone.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

Thank you again.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

Just reminds me ---- "shout out to JR." As always, the maps are very visual and very helpful but can you please drop Plaza Pelicanos Grand a little bit lower. It's below the little road, not above. The dot for it should actually be right north of Canto del Sol (they are only a few yards apart --- their driveways are only a few feet aparts, on the same circle). Visually on the map, Plaza Pelicanos Grand would be directly across from the dot for Villas Vallarta.

Thanks.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,870 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

Now Amber is beautiful and also expensive; just north of Canto is Sunset Plaza Beach, also new and the 1 bedroom suite is priced lower than standard accommodations at NA... if you want to be closer to town, the Buenaventura is the closest walking distance and priced similarly to Canto. Good luck!

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

<liked it but wanted to be close to the downtown area>

All these being mentioned are in the Hotel Zone (what is near Canto Del Sol). If you really want to be close to the downtown area, that would be an entirely different list... like Villa Premiere, Buenaventura, El Pescado, Rosita, etc.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

marly, I moved it :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Hotels are near Canto Del Sol Area?

Thanks JR ---- after staying at both places recently (Canto for 2 weeks and Plaza Pelicanos Grand for 1 week), I knew they were immediately next door to each other (no road in between) so hope that helps the OP and any others planning to stay in these places.

It is a little confusing, since the PPG complex and Sunset Plaza and the Pelicanos Club site are related but people rely on your maps so this should help. ;=))