We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

Any suggestions? Actually, mostly my hubby is...I'd be more happy with the jumbo shrimp? A place with both?

Oregon
Level Contributor
9,132 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

Hacienda San Angel, Vista Grill, or La Palapa. I've had great steaks at all of those places. They have other fish selections as well. :)

Edited: 04 June 2013, 00:21
Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,507 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

Mariscos Polo .... good shrimp choices, and a nice filet mignon too!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

These are all South sort of by the Pier, right?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

Oh, we are staying at the Buganvillias Vacation Club..The Marisco's sound appealing....this is nice and walkable - thanks! Reviews are great! Thanks!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
9,132 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

La Palapa is right on the beach by the pier. Vista Grill is up from the pier about 3 minutes in a cab. Beautiful view, sunset, and great service. Hacienda San Angel is in centro (downtown) and has mariachi entertainment. Rooftop dining and view as well. All have fantastic filet mignon and dress is casual.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

Sorry,,,,I realize now that the first three suggestions are not all near the new Pier. Thanks for these suggestions :) Sorry for not reading before replying!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,507 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

A link to Mariscos Polo's ... it's not near the pier, but it's not a far walk away.

http://vallartainfo.com/polo.html

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,507 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

missd the edit to add:

My last review...

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g150793-d1835…

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

I have not had a very good steak in most of Mexico aside from DF and many years ago in Acapulco. I even went to Sonora Grill which is probably your best option out by the Marina and the steak was just okay, but the apps and ambiance is great!

In Mexico, I find that arrechara (skirt steak) really is the way to go. I have not found a filet mignon or NY Strip or Tbone that compares to what I make at home in the NJ NYC area. My suggestion is Sonora Grill.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Really craving a great steak tonight in PV

Too late for tonight, but if your looking for another night... Rincon Buenas Aires at the marina for Argentinean wood fired grilled steaks, shrimp, chicken and seafood; they also have nightly specials for appox $20US including appetizer, salad and entree.