We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

Hi,

I am visiting PV in June and wondering if anyone knows of any good fish restaurants, and also where is the best, affordable place to buy real 925 jewellery?

Thank you!

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,042 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

Lots of favorites. I like Joe Jack's Fish Shack on B. Badillo. Many here prefer Mariscos Polo's. But pretty much any restaurant in PV will have at least one "catch-of-the-day" entree offered with a garlic/butter grilled piece of fresh fish filet, side of rice and vegetables.

Mentioned in this post
Joe Jack's Fish Shack
Joe Jack's Fish Shack
2,750 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

For the silver:

- Eddie's Factory (Francisca Rodriguez 133, about mid-way between Olas Altas and Los Muertos beach) , Roberto's (Roberto Flores Diaz, Olas Altas 250, across from Parque Cardenas), and Yesa Jewelry (Ignacio I. Vallarta 135, that's half-way between 5 de Febrero and Aquiles Serdan).

All these locations are within the city's south side, and within easy walking distances of Olas Altas and Los Muertos beach, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Olas Altas
Olas Altas
444 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Yesa Jewelry
Yesa Jewelry
34 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

Mariscos Polo's is the best seafood restaurant on the south side, maybe the whole of PV ?

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

in my opinion, and i have eaen may places, Embarcadero , across from archies wok is by far the better choice

Mariscos pollo has a big following, but i bet dimes to donuts,, embarcadero wins hands down

J.R. have you tried it yet?

they already are to big for the location . When i was there last, they had a line up around the corner, And socorro and ken, the owners, where taking reservation for the folling night at the same time

the scallops and shrimp are awesome, The fish filet diablito was a ballbrk home run

Bruce

Mentioned in this post
Embarcadero
Embarcadero
187 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

If you are heading out to Boca/Mismaolya way, Tony's in Mismaloya has a wonderful seafood menu (he brings it out on a platter). It was easily one of the best seafood meals I have had anywhere and very reasonable priced. We loved it and the service was exceptional:)

Mentioned in this post
Mismaloya
Mismaloya
Jalisco, Mexico
New Cumberland
Level Contributor
803 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

Have to agree with JR about Mariscos Polo being the best seafood restaurant. We can go to other places and get more fancy service and even better presentation....but the fish at Polo's is as good as it gets. My better half has a love affair with Polo;s Wiri Shrimp (coconut shrimp) but I often am in heaven just eating their basic snapper dish.

Hank

Mentioned in this post
Polo's
Polo's
496 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

Aren't many places that don't have fish on the menu, and most of them handle it very well...even the most basic recipe is delicious. I've even had great fish dishes in places you wouldn't expect.

Some specialize in seafood, but you can certainly find a good filet of red snapper almost everywhere. Another place to try is Langosta Loca on the beach near Vista del Sol. (getting hungry now...)

Mentioned in this post
Langosta Loca
Langosta Loca
229 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

My favorite places for seafood are, Marisco Polo, Embarcadero, and El Barracuda. A group of 6 of us went to Tony's in Mismaloya, and all had a remembrance of the place for a couple of days after. Just hope I never remember a place like that again.

Mentioned in this post
Embarcadero
Embarcadero
187 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
El Barracuda
El Barracuda
915 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Mismaloya
Mismaloya
Jalisco, Mexico
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

Sorry but i just can't recommend Roberto's for silver jewelry - having dinner in a sec but will come back on tomorrow with other suggestions -

10. Re: Excellent fish restaurant? Where to buy good 925 silver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 00:19