We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour operators/vendors options

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gilroy, California
Level Contributor
111 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
tour operators/vendors options

will be going on a zip line activity day, rhythms of the night and a beach day or two - should we line these up before heading down (landing mid afternoon 8/1 for only five days)? are there better deals once there versus online? see best evening for a stroll on Malecon is sunday - but are there other days with unique activities (ie; market day tues or street fair friday)...thanks all, j

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour operators/vendors options

You won't get a better deal than on-line.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour operators/vendors options

Yes, we booked on line - and saved $$ - then it is all done! The only way you getter "better deals" is doing a time share presentation - not something I want to do on my precious vacation time. I got hit up several times while wandering around PV, and I could smile and say I was already booked. :)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour operators/vendors options

We always book in PV (we don't like to pick our dates before hand) and we print out the prices that are online and never pay more than that. We also have never done a timeshare presentation. Works best for us to see how we feel and book there.

4. Re: tour operators/vendors options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 02:05
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour operators/vendors options

We book before we go to get a good price on the Internet. And too, if there s a particular day or time you really want to go, it could already be filled or taken up by the time you are in PV and just deciding to do it.

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour operators/vendors options

in my experience I would say book online if you are going during peak season, if it is off-season you find better deal by negotiating in person. in that way last minute cancellation, changes will be avoided.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tour operators/vendors options

With the main tour operators, the local ticket sellers are not allowed to undercut what the tour operator is offering on-line, if they did, they would risk loosing their concession. So negotiating will not get you a better price, unless it's something like Parasailing from the beach, or that 'Free' breakfast LOL.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tour operators/vendors options

We've never had an issue negotiating and never done free breakfast. We have done them when we stayed the Crown Paradise (kiosk down the road), Paradise Village (kiosk just out the gates) and Villa Varadero. Not an issue and we don't do presentations. We like to book a day or so before so we are not tied to a schedule before we leave.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tour operators/vendors options

The best prices are to be had with Kim Phillips at info@tourdeals.com. She's an independent agent who works closely with Vallarta Adventures.

We originally looked at the deals on the VA site (3 for 2 and 15% discount for early bookings) but Kim's 30% discount beats these deals. And even more importantly for us you can change your excursion dates at the last minute, whereas with VA you are locked in.

So yes, book before you leave for PV, and you can modify your itinerary as you wish after you get there. Kim is excellent and very helpful. And I have to say the Rhythms off the Night excursion is absolutely amazing, we two couples enjoyed that more than any other experience during our 2 weeks in PV (although meeting JR was right up there!).

Enjoy!

Edited: 08 June 2013, 16:43
North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tour operators/vendors options

We've used Vallarta Adventures a couple times and were satisfied.

Michael.