We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shade at Golden Crown Paradise

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
519 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Shade at Golden Crown Paradise

We have been to the Golden Crown Paradise and have been thinking about going back in December. We are used to yellow cloth Palapas which kept the sun out. I understand now they have Cabanas which do not keep the sun out. Is there any shade at GCP on the beach and if not what is the situation at Crown Paradise next door is it tough to get a palapa over there.. Thanks

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
701 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shade at Golden Crown Paradise

About the best you can do with the beach cabanas is try to spread the side "curtains" to keep out as much sun as possible. Get one in the morning as close to the hotel as you can find. You will not be completely shaded, as sunlight will still filter in, but it is manageable if you use sunscreen. I burn easily, but had no problems.

I know a lot of "Returnees" have stated in their reviews that these new cabanas are a deal-breaker with them, and they will not be returning. But I found them to be only a minor annoyance, and will still be going back each year.

I did not use the Crown Club side, but they still have the thatched umbrellas.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 23:17
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,363 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shade at Golden Crown Paradise

Yes the new ones provide no shade really, they still had a few of the yellow ones left on the beach by the bar to the right. There was no issue getting a umbrella at the clue either and I was there at new years.

3. Re: Shade at Golden Crown Paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:18