We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PV to Punta Mita

Burlingame...
9 posts
Save Topic
PV to Punta Mita

I am staying in Northern Nuveo Vallarta at the Riu but want to take a tour out of Punta Mita.

Should I take the bus or a taxi?

If someone wouldn't mind providing prices and where i could catch either (or what i should be looking for) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,165 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PV to Punta Mita

If you decide to take a taxi, there should be a line of them in the front driveway of your resort. Most hotels and resorts will have a list of taxi prices at the reception desk. Be sure to find out what the correct fare will be so when you get in the taxi and ask the driver the cost to take you to Punta Mita, you'll know if he's telling you the correct price.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PV to Punta Mita

Our friend who used to be a concierge at Riu says a taxi from the hotel to Punta Mita will run about 250 pesos. To go by bus, you'd have to take the bus that stops in front of the hotel to the entrance of Nuevo Vallarta then cross the highway and take another bus to Punta Mita.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PV to Punta Mita

More economical is to take a taxi to the ATM Bus Line stop in Bucerias, and catch the bus there.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: PV to Punta Mita

I went to PM. Wasn't very impressed. I think I should have jumped off the bus @ one of the beautiful looking beaches just before PM. I did find a great local bar in PM but not on the beach. Just down from where the bus drops you off. Chickens walking near it. Very cheap, great juke box. Tip. Get the huge bottle of Corona in the dark bottle. That's what I did, said "I want what their drinking" pointing to a table of locals. Had a couple of great seafood tacos there too. That was my highlite of PM. Enjoy.

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: PV to Punta Mita

Most tours they have in Punta Mita can be taken from Nuevo. Unless you want to see the area itself, which is fairly limited IMHO, I wouldn't bother with travel and just take the excursion locally. Bucerias has much more to offer than Punta Mita.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PV to Punta Mita

My first trip to the PV area we stayed in Punta Mita. Granted we never went to the town beach area but when we went out walking it seemed like lots of gated areas with condos. I could be wrong but that's what I saw.other small towns are better.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PV to Punta Mita

Punta Mita is a complicated term. It is the Peninsula (the gated community), but it also includes surrounding villages.. (Emiliano Zapata and Nuevo Corral del Risco). The buses that say "Punta Mita" stop and turn around in one of those villages.

For tourists not staying in the área, it is mostly a beach destination and a taking off point for fishing trips, whale watching and trips to the Marieta Islands (it is the closest to the Marietas, about 8 miles by boat). Surfing is pretty good too, paraticularly at the beginner to intermediate level. But if you´re not interested in those wáter activities and aren´t staying in the área, there isn´t much else to see and do.

8. Re: PV to Punta Mita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:19