We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

colorado
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Topic
Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

Can you walk the beach from Secrets to El Barracuda? If so, roughly how long to get there?

Thanks in advance.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,944 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

I have no estimate on length of time because I suspect that would be dependent on how many rock jettys you have to cross and how fast you like to walk, but this map shows distance from Secrets to Buenaventura, and El Barracuda is right next door, at the beachside end of Nicaragua.

http://vallartainfo.com/n_downtown.html

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

You will also need to navigate the arroyo that runs behind the Mega Store, dry right now, but once the rains come you may not be able to cross it.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,731 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

If you're going to walk it by beach your first time going to EB, bring your sense of humor. My husband and I did it our first time to EB by beach... coming from the south. It's longer than you think when looking for somewhere on the beach lol. We had newbies to PV with us and we kept thinking we were close and we weren't.

It was funny since I was the one who knew PV so well. I didn't know exactly where it was on Paraguay and only found out once I got there. So, I think I'm correct in telling you in case you haven't been there before.....it's at the north end of Paraguay...where it ends on the north downtown map. If that's not correct...somebody correct me...

http://vallartainfo.com/n_downtown.html

colorado
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

We'll take a cab!! :-) Thanks for all the replies.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,944 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

Cab would be quickest, and worth the 40 pesos. You could always try to walk back. (-;

colorado
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

Plus, this will be in September...gonna be a lil hot and sticky, I'm sure.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,333 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

just incase anyone else is thinking of walking south on the beach to El Barracuda (or into town)... depending on the tide, you wont be able to get past the seawall in front the of timeshare side of the Sheraton if the tide is all the way in, and the hotel will not let you cut through to get out to the street

8. Re: Secrets to El Barracuda Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 05:17