We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather during August

4 posts
Save Topic
Weather during August

Hello, this will be my first time in PV and I'm going from July 30th to August 7. It will be for a honeymoon trip and I'm concerned about the type of weather we will encounter. Anyone familiar with the weather during this time? I want to avoid hurricanes ( as stated by some travel sites) or any severe weather that will ruin the trip.

Thanks

groover beach cali
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather during August

Hot and humid. Humidity typically builds to a point, mid-to-late afternoon/evening, where a thunderstorm and a bit of rain might happen. Then things cool off. We've gone to Dreams twice during this period, and actually enjoyed the heat. Others, maybe not so much.

Some spectacular thunderstorms in the evening last year.

Link to Wundermap of PV follows: www.wunderground.com/wundermap/…

Edited: 17 June 2013, 14:38
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather during August

We don't have much trouble with hurricanes, never had a direct hit, due to our geography, one came close 11` years ago.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather during August

I wouldn't worry about hurricanes too much in PV. The mountains surrounding the bay usually keep them away or dissipate them before they hit. It's been something like 10 years since PV got a direct hit. Nothing like the threat that you encounter on the Atlantic Coast, say around Cancun and the Yucatan Peninsula.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
857 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather during August

Yep, hot and humid and you'll probably be treated to a good thunderstorm or two. We have gone several times in the July and August and it can be sweltering, but that's the way we like it for a beach vacation - perfect opportunity to cool off in the ocean or pools. Because PV is on a huge bay it's pretty protected from the big storms. Enjoy!

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather during August

Thanks for your replies. We're booked and ready to go at the Casamagna Marriott and are anxiously waiting to see what PV can offer. I know rain will play a factor but from what I've been reading, the rain hits and goes rather quickly, right?

groover beach cali
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather during August

That's been it in a nutshell during our two (soon to be three, yippee!!) trips.

Westport, Washington
Level Contributor
207 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather during August

we also will be in pv in aug, we were in cancun at end of sept last year and heat and humidity was tolerable there so hoping will be tolerable in pv

8. Re: Weather during August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:16