We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
166 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

This will be our 1st trip to PV & want to make a quick stop up at the conveniently located airport Oxxo before taking off for the hotel. We don't want to leave our resort for the rest of the day once we arrive.

2 questions:

Should we buy our taxi ticket before or after stocking up on supplies at the airport Oxxo?

Will I be able to buy insect repellant at this Oxxo?

Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

They probably has repellent, get Autan if they have it. You can buy your ticket before after, no different, the OXXO is outside, so I would shop first, then go back into the airport and get your taxi ticket, you'll have pesos by then :) or one shops and one gets the ticket.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,937 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

If you're going to pick up a few things, I'd probably have one wait with the luggage inside and the other go pick up the supplies and come back. Then get your ticket.

Because the airport taxis are one-way trips only, they tend to work on volume business so will probably want to get going ASAP after you have your ticket purchased (so they can get back sooner and back into the queue). So I'd wait. It's just a few more minutes and you'll still be on your way lickety split after buying the ticket anyways.

westcoast
Level Contributor
901 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

I would go to Oxxo first.If there are two of you and one stays with your luggage I would stay inside as Jbean said.Standing outside with luggage will get you a steady stream of cabbies asking if you need a cab.....mind you,good practice at saying no gracias........just kidding!

Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

We bought our tickets before we went in the oxxo and the guy was just fine waiting till my husband got back to hail us a cab. Saves you going back inside.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

We only discovered the airport Oxxo on our return to the airport a few days ago . What a great place . We chose to cab back before our whole planeload and another whole planeload of people leaving ten minutes before our bus to another city , all with Air Transat . We beat the crowds and chose exit row seats and shed the valises . There were picnic tables with umbrellas and cold drinks and an awesome looking mocha slushie turning in a machine . In the cooler section I had to shake my head twice and recheck my conversion skills because they had a promocion for four pre mixed Cubaraim rum and coke product in cans for 27 pesos ! I mention this in case it is a city or state wide sale or for those arriving or departing soon . You can make a lot of friends in a hot parking lot with cold mixed drinks , almost free for real . The prices inside the airport , as with most airports were not so good . We had one of our most interesting conversations with a fellow waiting for a friend's plane at Oxxo of our whole trip .

For arrivals they had small bottles of booze to mix into that slushie and beer and cooler products as mentioned . There was also Conch y a Toro cab/sauv red wine at 99 pesos and other choices to go or for stocking up for those bad wine all inclusives . It seems that they keep most Oxxo stores at a very nice cool temperature and so if you are wandering and really suffering from the heat of the day , pop into an Oxxo and take a minute to cool down .

Taxi first or last is up to you .

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,400 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

This place sounds good!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

I've never read such a glowing recommendation of a convenience store. Love it!

Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
660 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

The OXXO stores are on just about every street corner in PV (not really, but is seems that way). Since we weren't cooking, they had everything we needed in the way of drinks, snacks, detergent, ice chest, tequila, etc...And cheap, too!

9. Re: Buy taxi ticket before or after shopping at airport Oxxo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:16