We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa del palmar beach resort

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
victoria
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
villa del palmar beach resort

For anyone who has stayed here, how is the food? For those that did AI is there ala carte limitations? Are the drinks good quality? Is there a social bar at night ? Do reservations need to be made for dinner and if so is it one of those be in line by 8 am or don't get in deals

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

I have been staying there several times a year for 24 years, never have done AI, never will. The few times I have eaten there or gotten room service I was underwhelmed. Too many good restaurnts in PV to eat so so food.

There is a bar to socialize day and night. They lso haveseverl theme nights each week, mexican fiesta, beach barbecue, etc.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

You also may want to look at the Sheraton, they are running a 'Half Off' AI through book it.com along with some other hotels, buffet and ala carte restaurants, top shelf liquor, lobby bar and one of the biggest pools with swimup bar in the hotel zone; the Thursday night Mexican fiesta and Sunday champagne brunch is also including with the AI plan and is approx $30US savings per person.

victoria
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

bumping, hoping someone has done all inclusive at villa del palmar Vallarta

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

Boyvegas ---- one of the messages you might be getting, in that you're not getting responses is that AI at Villa del Palmar might not be the best idea. We've stayed there a number of times over the years and we would never consider doing AI.

The reasons we would never consider doing AI are several but the main two are:

1) There isn't enough variety in the restaurants on site. We do eat at the beachside restaurant periodically (nice atmosphere) but if I was ever going to do AI in my life ---- I would want to make sure it was in a huge resort (not PV, since I know it so well) with at least 8 different restaurants of all varieties and options. VdP doesn't have that type of set-up.

2) There are about 300+ fantastic restaurants within either walking distance or 10-20 minutes in a bus/cab, so (for us) it makes zero sense to do AI at Villa del Palmar. One of the reasons we enjoy Villa del Palmar is because it's "minutes-close" to many authentic restaurants in the colonias (across the main drag in Versalles) AND into the Marina and downtown and southside.

If you are intent on AI at Villa del Palmar, I also hope someone who has done it will answer but I doubt there are too many of those folks. Most people who stay there eat all over town, both close and a little further.

Good luck.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

VDP has a lot of repeat time share guests and not as popular with all-inclusive, I checked with a friend that has stayed there recently AI... breakfast buffet and grill at lunch were both good, dinner buffet was similar to the ala carte menu and the ala carte had upcharges on different items not available at the buffet, reservations were never a problem with not a lot of people dining at the hotel, other than the fiesta night which they enjoyed; drinks were fine and the sports bar was busy after dinner/early evening with most people going into town. The VDP is walking distance to the Soriana supermarket just blocks away, depending on when your traveling the AI is approx. $100 per day, having a room with a kitchenette might be a plus here to stay nonAI.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

If you are looking at the packages with WestJet Vacations or Sunwing, they make the AI so affordable, that it's totally worth it, even if you eat out every night. For the VDP it looks like they have it worked in, so really brings it down. With Sunwing or WJV, it looks to be only $35/person/day when you break it down because they have it worked into the price (that's for packages or hotel only). Worth it for us for drinks, breakfast and snacks:)

victoria
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

Yes thanks for the new replies. The difference between just a room and AI is 35pp/day. I drink close to that a day alone. I wanted to know how the restaurants were, how reservations worked etc. Our plan was to eat breakfast and lunch at resort and go out for dinner 50%tonight of the time. That leaves 4 dinners or so at the resort. Financially it makes the most sense at this hotel for me to book AI and eat elsewhere when I choose to

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

OK --- with that new information in mind, you should do fine. The drinks at VdP are expensive (based on my normal budget) so that's a real bargain (the only time we even drink there is during the daily Happy Hour 2x1 so you'll make a killing). Have a great trip.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

At only $35pp/day I would find it definitely worth it for breakfast, lunch and drinks alone! Reservations for dinner are easier made a day or 2 in advance (no need to get up at the crack of dawn) and with some packages the Mexican fiesta is included as well.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: villa del palmar beach resort

Definitely worth it for $35 more. I paid $250 pesos/pp for their breakfast buffet. One Pizza and 2:1 happy hour Pina Colada, 1 bottle of water was 236 pesos. $35 is definitely worth it.

They have renamed their restaurants. El Patron is their sports bar/restaurant. The Market Place is their beach/poolside restaurant. They have Arabian Nights with Mediterranean food, Prime Rib Night, Mexican Fiesta, going right now.