We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last 3 days

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
last 3 days

i hate to say this but i kinda drank a liitle tonite---so if i make no sense----let it go.

wed

kansas---the name of the beach is las palmares---we never got there this trip but you can by bus----maybe when you go in nov---i couldn't go because of my ribs.

we had the shrimpburger at mi pueblito---we were so disappointed. it was smaller very little shrimp and cost 129p---don't go there---i hate to say it.

we got 3 huge pastries at yarita for 40p and breakky for tomorrow.

my parasail boys were not there---they fixed the boat---talked with sampati and others.

our dinner was a winner---i'm a poet and didn't know it---dinner/winner--sheesh.

we went to embarcadero---excellent. hubby had shrimp fajtas 110p---me spag primadero$110 free desser tice cream--excellent flavors.

have plans to go to san sebastian tomorrow---ribs still hurt---i gotta grow up.

thurs

chico from daquari dicks took us to san sebastian---what a treat!!! it was 10-15 degrees cooler. and a huge step back in time.we walked the village, visited the church and the hoods. we also went to the silver mines---neat caves. we ate at montebello. jr says that is the best italian food in mexico.---someone said that a limey does not know good italian food---WRONG---jr was right. me raviola spinach160p--hubby and chico pizza with proschutto 130p--excellent--we ordered taramasu---yummy. walter the owner gave us shots of all his homemade liquers---they were delish. the quiet and flowers etc was a welcome relief from the noise of vallarta. really worth the trip.

vallartascene had a board meeting at que pasa---saw old friends/ got to talk to michael---had drinks and free sloppy joes---great night.

we did stop at vayan for 2x1 margs and to people watch.\

fri

ate our pastries/ then got money for our dec trip. banorte had a better rate at 1282 than cibanco at 1170---that's a first---maybe cuz all the trouble with cibancos atm's---who knows---anyway--we're set.

we ate leftovers for lunch and spent all day on los muertos---remember my ribs are a mess---so i'm takin it easy.spent some time with my parasail boys.

i swore i wouldn't cry because dearest darling gave me 2 weeks---but i ended up snottin all over my boys. and they handled it. they even came to our pool to wish us good luck. glutton for punishment.

after spendin some time in the pool ---we met up with mickey at cafe de olla---we all got chille rellenos 78p and wine and beer. we ended up at apaches martini bar---had a great martini---met some peeps.

we were going to go to cafe roma but a monsoon hit---we barely made it back to our condo.

tomorrow we leave and it's not any easier this time. i love pv--it's people, sights, sounds, smells and everything else. the bad news is i gotta go ---the good news is i got my condo and pesos for december.

i hope you enjoyed reading about our trip---we tried some new places. my hope is that you enjoy your stay and you love pv as much as me. every year i think that i will lose my feelings for pv----i'm way wrong---they only get stronger. have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: last 3 days

Thanks for your interesting updates. Cafe Vayan. Is that a happy hour on the Margs? If yes what times. Also are they good margs? Take care of those ribs. Maybe bump into you in December. Cheers.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last 3 days

See you in December Dee :)

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last 3 days

When in Dec Dee?? I am trying to escape down there sometime this fall winter.....Maybe??

Loved your reports, truly they made me feel like I was there....in spirit at least.

Poor George...Tony always feels bad when he sees my last day tears. So bittersweet.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last 3 days

Your trip reports are excellent! Thanks so much for sharing them.

The only cure for the leaving Vallarta tears-book your next trip. I had to cancel our fall trip due to the arrival of grandchild number eight. To make myself feel better, I booked spring of 2014.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: last 3 days

jmg---margs daqu and cervesa de barril are 2x1 all the time. the margs are pretty dang good

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: last 3 days

Thanks Iyam. I will hit it a few times in Dec/Jan.

Not a big fan of the $1 ones @ the monkeys but for a buck I can throw a few back while I'm there just to be sociable.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: last 3 days

yes see you in dec jr---you should hear me talking to the cat--I sound insane!!!

quince---ya gotta show up Christmas week--i'm tryin 22nd----till whenever at least the 1st.

spot---sure would be a pleasure to meet you.

jmg----the monkeys margs are okay---vayans are better. imo

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: last 3 days

I was out of town when you posted this so just getting to it. Las Palmeres...hey you got that accomplished.....we have a name now! I will try to get there too.

How nice to go to San Sebastian that way. :-)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: last 3 days

Great post. Sounds like a great trip. Also sounds like I really need to get out to San Sebastian for that Italian!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: last 3 days

san Sebastian was neat and the restaurant montibello was delish.

conner---great meeting you.\

Kansas--we'll get there in dec---to palmeras---if I wasn't such an idiot--I would have got there this trip