We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in PV

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in PV

Hello! My husband and I will be going to PV next month for a few days and will be staying at the Villa Premiere. We opted not to get the AI so we could try all the great food in town. I’ve read all the restaurant reviews and was looking for some of your opinions for the best breakfast and authentic Mexican restaurants? Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in PV

For authentic Mexican food, you can find a gourmet style at El Arrayan, downtown. General homestyle Mexican is best found at the Cenadurias, like Cenaduria Celia on Lázaro Cárdenas, south side. Or the taco stands are very busy with the locals, info on-line just Google "street food vallarta"

Most "Mexican" restaurants here are actually TexMex, seems that's what the tourists want :)

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in PV

" ... looking for some of your opinions for the best breakfast and authentic Mexican restaurants? "

- Dianita (Francisco Madero 243, just before the corner with Ignacio Vallarta). Small place, serving breakfast and lunch. The comida corrida lunch is great, offering several, well-prepared choices.

- Cenaduria Celia (Lazaro Cardenas 506, that's a few blocks up from (east of) Insurgentes, past the Farmacia Guadalajara). A Mexican family dinner place. Pozoles, enchiladas, pig's feet, chicken dishes, and many other great dishes. And 'the' best flan for dessert. Well-prepared, tasty, inexpensively-priced food, with friendly, family service.

- Planeta Vegetariano (Iturbide 270, that's downtown, a block + north the church on Hidalgo). Vegetarian fare, Mexican-style, served via an all-you-can-eat buffet. Good food, great flavours, and very inexpensively priced. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner .. and 7 days per week.

- Tony's Please (Lazaro Cardenas 440, a couple of blocks up from (east of) Insurgentes, before Cenaduria Celia's location). Tony and family, nice neighbourhood location. Good food preparations (Mexican, seafood, and etc.) and most-friendly service, dinner only.

Our personal favourites, and we have dined at each a very many times.

Cheers!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in PV

Thank you so much, we will defnitely be trying some of these places. We want to steer away from tex-mex so this gives us a great starting point. Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in PV

Someone objected to my post, who knows why ? I mentioned two restaurants, one of which was Cenaduria Celia , johnny, the other El Arrayan. ?

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,596 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in PV

another t for breakfast is la playita---it is south of pv at lindo mar ---great breakys and a view to die for.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,782 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in PV

Las Alcatraces behind Costco has very good Mexican food and it isn't Tex-Mex, customers are mostly locals.:)

Puerto VAllarta...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in PV

señorita good choice, to begin with , El andariego right out side your hotel.... also La palapa, señora, .... wht do you like..?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in PV

La palapa is Continental Cuisine. not Mexican

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in PV

El Andariego is good - bring your appetite.

Ate there on trips when we stayed at Buenaventura twice and Villa Premier.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in PV

Coco's kitchen does a dynamite breakfast menu and The Pancake House is always fun. Las Alcatraces, as mentioned above, is also a good local breakfast spot. La Hacienda looks great as well, but I haven't tried it yet.