We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

Anybody travelling from lower mainland, BC, next week to PV?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,520 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

What, now that summer has arrived?!! Oh to be in beautifull White Rock, for the beach there, or nearby, than be in the concrete jungle where we will be next week!!

But wishing you a good time in Vallarta!!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

Nope...get enough rain here 11 months of the year...don't travel to Mexico in the rainy season.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

'cept the rain here is not continuos and not cold :)

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,520 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

" .. 'cept the rain here is not continuos and not cold :)"

And it's not continuous up here in the lower Mainland of BC either ... yes, the rain can feel cold during the fall & winter, but not during the summer, and we get very little at this time.

We have found the rain in Vallarta during our stays in the spring, and fall/early-winter to "feel" rather cool ... as opposed to the frequent posts that say the rain down there is so warm!! If it's so warm, wonder why most people flee out of it, to inside venues?

Temperatures here this weekend, and into next week, are forecasted to be at and above 30's celsius, with temp's in inland areas even higher.

.. and no rain.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

JR the rain we had last week was warm.Johnny stay hydrated gonna be hot for a while.Cheers all

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

I know Johnny, decided on PV last minute, It is my first time to Mexico, should have done research better. I am still hoping for some sunny days. Forecast calls for rain everyday in PV and it's beautiful here.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

Rain every day, sure that's possible, but not all day, usually just a couple of hours very late in the day or at night.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

I can see how people living in PV would enjoy the rain...a change of seasons is always nice. And I can also see how folks who come from places that just have "normal" amounts of rain would just let it roll off their backs too.

But Vancouver lies in a moderate rain forest..and the last thing I want on my vacation is rain.

Johnny..CBC said rain will fall on Sunday. Hope not..

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

Whoops...meant Monday...

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling from Vancouver/Surrey area

Thanks JR, I guess couple of hours is not bad, We are there for a week, hoping for couple of clear days.