We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

cameron park, ca.
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

We like small adults only resorts. Anyone been to both who can make comparisons?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

Villa is much smaller and closer to town.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

JR beat me to it. I have never stayed at either place, but would pick Villa Premiere because I prefer to stay in the central part of the city. suze

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

Villa Premiere is a smaller adults only boutique hotel within walking distance to town, if youre considering the AI plan it includes top shelf liquor and the hotel restaurants and comparable to fine dining in town; not the best beach but you also have access to the beach and facilities next door at their sister hotel the Buenaventura, which also has an active beach bar open nightly and drinks are also included there with the AI at VP, with options of quiet during the day and night-time entertainment next door.

While staying at Velas we visited the Casa Velas property which is very impressive and bigger accommodations, not a beach front property but they do offer a shuttle to a private beach club that offers a pool, restaurant, bar and facilities; like the VP you also have privileges at Velas Vallarta located in the marina area a 15+min cab ride to town.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 17:22
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

We stayed at Villa in March and loved it! we chose the breakfast only option and that was ideal for us....had dinner nightly in old town - so many options for different budgets. We usually took a bus to old town but always walked the malecon back to the hotel every night.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,062 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

Well until I stay at Villa Premiere I am sticking with Casa Velas...has never done me wrong...cabs and buses to town are cheap..

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

I've stayed at both places in the last year and did AI at both.

I found Casa Velas to be more beautiful, better service and also more expensive. I loved our room but missed being close enough to the ocean to hear it while we slept. The pool was beautiful and we loved the beach club. The food was pretty good. I found lunches the best or dinner at the beach club. The service was so friendly and just wonderful. The atmosphere was pretty calm and quite. It was perfect for a romantic getaway. I had a hard time leaving Casa Velas.

But we also really liked Villa Premiere. I liked that it was closer to town and there was more to walk to. I loved being so close to the ocean and hearing it while I slept. I felt like it had more of a party atmosphere. The rooms were nice. The food was really good but dinner often took a long time to be served. When I asked if there were any other restaurants (they only had one opened at the time) we were told no. We were never told we could use the facilities at the Buenaventura. The beach was ok.

My husband and I were saying we'd like to stay at both again, maybe a few days at Premiere Villa and then the rest of our stay at Casa Velas.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

I don't think either one would be a bad choice. It would just depend on what your budget is (CV is more luxurious and thus costs more $$), and what your must-haves are, I guess.

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

PV Jenny is right, it really depends on what you like? If you want closer to town, AI or not, right on the beach - all VP rooms are ocean front then VP fits the bill.

cameron park, ca.
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

Thanks for the great reply! I've been wondering......is that a monkey on your head in your pic.?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Velas or Villa Premiere?

Monkey on my head? Yes

Shoulder Mccaws? lol