We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milk bank in PV?

Trenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
197 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Milk bank in PV?

Hey...does anyone know if there is a milk bank in PV?

My wife and I are in the process of booking our first trip back to PV since the birth of our first baby, and my wife will still be breastfeeding. We will be leaving our baby with our parents, but my wife will need to pump while in PV, and we hate to waste the milk...we'd love to donate it to a milk bank if there is one available.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milk bank in PV?

Great idea I hope someone can help.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milk bank in PV?

Email Pamela Thompson at http://healthcareresourcespv.com/

She is the go-to person for all things medical in PV, plus she's connected with all the good charitable groups and organizations. She should be able to give you the best advice and set you up if there is indeed a milk bank in PV.

And congratulations on your new baby!

Edited: 07 July 2013, 22:32
3. Re: Milk bank in PV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 23:35
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milk bank in PV?

Maybe it's just me, but an article about the rich Chinese considering breast milk a delicacy for their own consumption (whether it's in noticias or not) is not related to questions about a milk bank to help those in true need in PV.

And chico, I know you can read Spanish; I would think you would be able to discern that that article has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 22:43
5. Re: Milk bank in PV?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 23:35
Edited: 07 July 2013, 23:35
Trenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
197 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milk bank in PV?

Thanks...I emailed Pamela...I'll let you know what her response is.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Milk bank in PV?

According to this very recent newspaper story, the first milk bank in the State of Jalisco (where Puerto Vallarta is located) is set to open at a maternity hospital, in Guadalajara. No specific date is given. The report is in Spanish, but the Google Translator does a decent job of translating it into English:

milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/59fa0418893…

I hope Pam can help you. She is very resourceful.

8. Re: Milk bank in PV?

Removed on: 08 July 2013, 02:35
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Milk bank in PV?

Unless the donating person has been screened and the milk is collected using aseptic technique, It's a really bad idea to feed your baby breast milk from strangers. An infant's immune system is not developed and breast milk can transmit disease causing bacteria or viruses such as HIV, hepatitis, measles, etc.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,964 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Milk bank in PV?

I suspect Pam - a registered nurse by trade - is already likely go over the ins/outs/concerns with the OP.