We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Americana in PVR Question

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fiesta Americana in PVR Question

Thinking of visitng PVR in November and wondering if the Fiesta Americana is within walking distance of downtown? Looking for nearby restaurants, happy hours, shopping. I've heard the beach is not great, is it walkable or too rocky?

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Americana in PVR Question

The beach at FA is good, not rocky with a nice swimming area. FA is not walkable to downtown but the bus stops right in front of the resort and taxis are readily available.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Americana in PVR Question

Fiesta Americana has one of the biggest sandy beaches on the north side, but it would be a hike to downtown... the Buenaventura would be the closest, nice beach but smaller and has an all-inclusive option and popular beach bar included with the AI plan for happy hour through midnight or later, walking distance to nearby restaurants (El Barracuda on the beach next door) area shopping and a 10-15min walk to downtown.

Edited: 10 July 2013, 03:31
Minnesota
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta Americana in PVR Question

Thank you for the information. Everyone here is so helpful, I do appreciate it!

Virginia
Level Contributor
390 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesta Americana in PVR Question

I haven't stayed at Fiesta Americana in many years but it is a wonderful hotel, lovely grounds and the fabulous, huge palapa lobby is awesome! I think you will enjoy it if you aren't looking for a party atmosphere. There are many places within walking distance and I have walked into town from there, a long walk! Like others have said, a bus stops right in front, very convenient, and a fun experience also. Buses come often, like every 5 minutes.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesta Americana in PVR Question

Thank for your info, glad to hear there are restaurants nearby. Going into town is great but its nice to be able to walk somewhere for dinner as well.

6. Re: Fiesta Americana in PVR Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:17