We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Needed for one night

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Needed for one night

Hi all - My husband and I will be staying at Casa Vela for a week in November. Due to flight times/prices, we decided to add an extra day to our vacation and we do not want to add another night to Casa Vela as we'd rather experience a little bit of the "real" Puerto Vallarta.

We often stay in Playa del Carmen in town and love walking to the restaurants and shops and we're hoping to experience that in Puerto Vallarta.

Can anyone suggest a nice hotel for us? Our budget is pretty open. I'd like to keep it around $100 for the night but I'm willing to spend more for a great hotel. We'll be arriving around lunchtime so if anyone has any suggestions for lunch, dinner and breakfast the next morning in town, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Kimberly

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

Posada Roger. Sunset suites. Playa los Arcos. Restaurants. Wow, where do we begin. So many, so good.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

If you choose to stay in or near the city's South Side or Downtown:

-- lunch -- comida corrida at Dianita.

-- dinner -- Tony's Please or Cenaduria Celia.

-- breakfast (the next day) -- Planeta Vegetariano.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

What J2BC said.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

Posada de Roger is a good choice for lodging - right on Basilio Badillo not far from Olas Altas and the Malecon. Take a short walk east to the corner of Calle Naranjo and Calle V. Carranza and find El Brujo - great food, good prices, not touristy. And look for the creperia across the street for dessert - fresh made crepas with your choice of fillings.

If you like martinis at Happy Hour, Sama Martini Bar on Olas Altas across from CI Banco pours them stiff and has a variety of choices. Other popular choices are Apaches and Andale's - also on Olas Altas.

If you're looking for a good lunch spot, healthy and not too heavy, Salud on Olas Altas across from CI Banco (a block and a half south of Calle Francisca Rodriguez) is a really good choice. My recommendation is stay away from the touristy restaurants - they are disappointing just as often as not.

Breakfast at Coco's Kitchen on Calle Pulpito (around the corner from Salud and Sama) or just up the street from Posada de Roger there is the Pancake House. Both have plenty of good food for a decent price. Coco's is quieter with a better atmosphere (in my opinion).

Edited: 15 July 2013, 01:13
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,856 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

Playa Los Arcos is a good hotel on the beach in old town. That's where we stay.

Breakfast= Freddy's Tucan, Yaritas Bakery for great bakery items, Cocos Kitchen

Lunch= Cafe de Olla (not open on Tuesdays), Derby City Burgers (crave a great burger?)

Dinner= Cafe de Olla, Archie's Wok, Pakos Takos (haha what's the exact name of this place?)

Many others within close walking distance of Playa Los Arcos. I'm just throwing out a few names. You can also just walk a round and something will entice you!

Edited: 15 July 2013, 01:20
Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

Derby burger a "great" burger but the price omg for a burg in Mexico. We share one then its just perfect. More than enough.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

Thanks everyone! We're definitely looking for more authentic, non-touristy restaurants.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

Authentic Mexican for breakfast in town - La Hacienda for sure! Fredy's Tucan is very americanized IMO - not so much with the food as the decor & "feel" of the place -

Authentic lunch - taco stands - fish on a stick at the beach -

Authentic dinner - Red Cabbage - cheap dinner, Takos Pancho

Have a great trip!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,230 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

I think Playa Los Arcos or Tropicana are great choices. Walking distance to everything, right on the beach. Just ask here from the experts (not me) how to get the best rooms, because at Playa Los Arcos, you might get a room on the street which is ok, but not great.

Too bad you can´t add two extra nights because, we find,one night isn´t enough. You´re wasting time checking in and checking out. You need one whole day there to experience anything.

Btw, if you haven´t stayed there, you´ll love Casa Velas. It´s very Mexican.

Edited: 15 July 2013, 19:15
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Needed for one night

I was under the impression that during high season, a one-night stay was frowned upon - but i guess since tourism has been on the slow side, you shouldn't have a problem finding something - Have a great trip!! I too am hoping for a November return trip -