We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

Sussex, New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

My daughter loves the pool at VDP in NV but we would really like to stay in PV for our entire trip. She loves the pool so much because it is like walking into the ocean, it has a gradual entrance and a lot of areas where she can touch. Any recommendations for a resort in PV with a pool like this. We would prefer for the resort not to be AI because we won't eat at the resort.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

The main pool at the Sheraton has a gradual entrance and is shallow a good ways before getting deeper at the swimup bar even deeper on the opposite side, it also has a shallow kiddie pool; and AI is optional at this hotel.

Sussex, New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

I should add, that we need at least a kitchenette in the room.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

The main pool at the Playa Los Arcos Hotel in the city's South Side, is 'gradual entry'.

The AL there is optional. And they do have some rooms with kitchenettes. (Note: and all the rooms in their sister hotel, Los Arcos Suties, have kitchenettes -- and a stay there, allows all you to enjoy the amenities at the main hotel)

Playa Los Arcos is located on Los Muertos beach, and within easy walking distances to most "everywhere & everything" the South Side and Downtown areas of the city --- for sightseeing walkabouts, the Malecon experience, walking the Rio Cuale, restaurant and street dining, flea market and store shopping, entertainment & nightlife, and etc.

Good luck with the researching.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

The beachside pool at Villa del Palmar is gradual entry. Kitchenettes in all rooms.

JNS ---- I stayed at the Sheraton a few years back and didn't notice a gradual entry pool entrance. Which one is it (?) or maybe they have changed it?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

For a kitchette you would have to stay in the time share second of the Sheraton where the 2nd pool has no gradual entry... we stayed at the Sheraton Nov 2010, I was considering stairs on the shallow end gradual entry vs a metal step ladder w/rail like in most pools.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

Oh, OK ---- now I get the difference. When I was talking about the Villa del Palmar pool nearest to the beach (there is more than one), I'm talking VERY gradual. No stairs. You step in at ankle level and then walk down into it. It's not a deep pool. That's what I thought the OP was asking about. I wouldn't consider stairs a "gradual entry" but maybe some people do.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

The pool at Selva Romantica has a pretty incredible gradual entry pool. It is a condo, not a resort, but many owners rent their units and all have kitchens.

8. Re: Gradual Entry Pool near downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:18