We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

etn bus trip

Plainfield, Illinois
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
etn bus trip

What is the best way to book transportation from Guadalajara to Puerto Vallarta and back. Some suggest not to book it through the ETN web site but no other suggestions were available.

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
AirGo
Taxis & Shuttles
San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,505 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: etn bus trip

You can visit the bus station and purchase tickets there, you can visit any travel agent in Guadalajara and they will sell you one or I believe OXXO convenience stores sell bus tickets...

USA
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: etn bus trip

For such a short trip with so many frequent departures, I wouldn't even think about buying tickets ahead of time. Just purchase them when you get to the bus station and don't risk having to "eat" them if your travel plans change. Primera Plus is barely a step down in terms of class and comfort and they probably have more frequent runs between GDL and PV.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: etn bus trip

I would get in contact with Superior Tours. They are located in Plaza Romy. Or you can try their website. They will know the best and fastest way to get there. I think you can even get tickets from them. Enjoy

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: etn bus trip

You don't have to eat the tickets with a change of plans. Some bus companies allow changes freely, others require a little more otice.

Some times of the year you should buy ahead, like holiday travel times.

Superior Tours does sell ETN tickets and they are super nice people.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: etn bus trip

Four of us did the trip on ETN in May and just went to the station a few days ahead of time and bought the tickets for our desired departure date and time. This trip and the ETN bus were actually a very pleasant experience. I sure wish we had a bus service like this in the US. Greyhound cannot compare LOL.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: etn bus trip

Astrid at Superior Tours will take care of everything, you can even pick you seats. :)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: etn bus trip

walmart pitillal I believe i saw a etn booth near the entry way

8. Re: etn bus trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 01:05
Surrey, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: etn bus trip

We have just returned from PV and used ETN for a return trip to Guadalajara. We booked through the internet a few days before travelling and got a 10% + 10% discount through booking on the internet. The trip cost 880 pesos per adult. and we were also able to choose our seats. The site is available in English and very easy to use. I would thoroughly recommend ETN, it was more comfortable than standard airline travel. We travelled out on the 11am bus which was delayed by roadworks and so didn't reach Guadalajara until after 5pm but the return trip on the 6pm bus arrived back in PV on time.

10. Re: etn bus trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:16