We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindo Mar unit location

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Lindo Mar unit location

My confirmation letter(from Interval International)has the unit listed as #103.I assume this is on the first floor.I thought the first floor only had the pool and restaurant.I was hoping for something on a higher floor.What are the chances of requesting a higher floor?I have traded to other places and you get what you traded for,no relocating rooms.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

That unit is on the first floor and is the first unit on your left as you get off the elevator and walk to the pool area..

Edited: 13 August 2013, 18:10
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

When we were there in May, unit #103 was being used as the hospitality suite. We went in and looked around, as we wanted to see a one bedroom condo. The living room sliding doors open right to the pool deck. I wouldn't want that unit.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,939 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

You might be able to get something higher if something is available, you should ask Interval. Depends on owners as IIRC they get first dibs on units, then trades and regular rentals.

April might still be pretty busy so it may be what you get is what you get.

EDIT: there are some positives to the ground floor units though...easy pool access (walk in/walk out) and REALLY close to the bar. LOL

Edited: 13 August 2013, 18:27
So Cal
Level Contributor
7,431 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

George,

You probably have it right in being stuck with that unit. As you said, on an II exchange you are exchanging for a specific unit in the exchange pool. I find more flexibility with getaway units, since they are excess, unrented rooms and not specific units.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

I would suggest when you check in to ask if there is a unit available on a higher floor. An owner might of banked one and it has not be exchanged yet.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

Thanks for all the info.Hoping I will be able to change rooms.If not I will make the best of it.Maybe it will still be a hospitality suite.In the past I have exchanged into a property and the room # on my confirmation didn't exist.Some properties let you change rooms,other don't.I don't see why not if another is available and not being used.I will email them a month or so ahead of my dates(april 19-26)and see if there is anything they can do.

Twin Bridges...
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

I've only stayed there once, many years ago and we were also on the ground floor, and I thought the room was like a dungeon, because you are against the hill on the entrance side with the only "sunlight" coming in from the sliders on the pool deck making the bedrooms dark and dreary. Of course this is my opinion only. Otherwise the staff and everything else was excellent.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,051 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

george ---why wait--ask now and then keep on asking---i'm known as the pesky gnat

midwest
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

We have stayed in the unit next door before. We actually enjoyed it more than we anticipated. Reality is, the first floor view at Lindo Mar is better than so many other timeshares where you may end up with a view of the parking lot. You have your own patio with a table and two chairs. We typically claimed the pool loungers in front of the unit since the proximity for the use by others is awkward in terms of privacy. Almost everyone lounges on the other side of the pool or the beach. Honestly, we had equally of a good time in that unit than in our higher floor stays but I am a half cup full person!

On another note, it does not hurt asking for a higher unit.

Enjoy your stay!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,929 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindo Mar unit location

Get a higher unit if you can. I was in 802 --- it was perfect, as far as view and also right up from the lobby so I could walk down to the lobby (on the 7th floor) if the little elevator was super slow. As we've said, the lobby on the 7th floor is the access to the parking lot and Highway 200.

Also, my friends were staying in one of the penthouses on the 9th floor so it was easy to walk up the stairs to get to them.

To me, the higher the better at Lindo Mar. You'll love it anyway though. Good luck on getting a unit higher up.