We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at paradise village?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at paradise village?

Staying a week at paradise village the week of October 19th. Anything special going on that week? How does this resort compare with others?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,956 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

Hi there - welcome to the forum.

As Paradise Village is located in Nuevo Vallarta and not Puerto Vallarta, you may find more information and replies with details in the NV forum to your question, as guests/owners at Paradise Village would be most likely to post there.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 16:52
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

Thanks. Didn't know there was one.

Is the Frankfurt still around? We brought them a dart board years ago.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 16:57
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,956 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

The original Frankfurt is no more - building is still there but they closed the restaurant and hotel a few years back. The owners have moved a few blocks inland on Basilio Badillo and reconfigured as Hacienda Alemana, with restaurant there and a small boutique hotel.

Here is the link for the NV forum.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154267-i323-Nuevo_…

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

I also had a dartboard at the Frankfurt, but it got ruined one rainy season

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

Also, never stayed at the Paradise Village but hung out at the mall there a few years back while staying at the Mayan Sea Garden and meeting up with friends in Nuevo. Met some people staying at Paradise Village while wandering around on the bus and the tourist trolley.

BEWARE ----- there is some high-strung timeshare activity going on at Paradise Village, or there was in 2010.

Be prepared and the Nuevo Vallarta forum would definitely have more information.

Have fun.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

Thanks. Didn't know there was one.

Is the Frankfurt s around? We brought them a dart board years ago.

Met you years ago. We had the Irish pub and brought the board and a bottle of Jamesons. Maybe we should meet up again.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

Sounds good to me, maybe at Mike's new place the Hacienda Alemana ? Sent you a Private Message.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

We stayed at the Paradise Village in Jan. 2011 for 10 nights and loved it. We were aware the rooms were a little dated (wicker furniture), but we had a great view in the Tikal building in a 2 bedroom and it was very roomy. The food there was great (we were on the AI plan) and it was some of the best I've had at any resort. Their steaks were amazing. Quiet after 10:30pm though. The pools were great and the beach can't be beat. We truly enjoyed our stay there and the kids loved it.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 19:42
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

Thanks I appreciate your input. I read a review from Gordon Ramsey regarding their food and he said the same thing.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,670 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stayed at paradise village?

I have stayed at Paradise Village quite a few times, no complaints. Yes it is timeshare but not offensive and pushy, so not a big deal.

I have not done the AI there yet but have dined at their restaurants and food was very good and generous portions.

Units are clean, and dated but well kept..

Beach is great...location is good..lots of things to do...

After 10:30 a silence rule...LOL...

As far as how does it compare with others I think that would depend on who you are comparing, many levels of resorts in PV and NV...Enjoy!