We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Velas Beach Club

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Velas Beach Club

We are planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta right before Thanksgiving (end of November) and it's our first time. We are looking at staying at Casa Velas. Their website says the Beach Club is "seasonal". Does anyone know if it would be open at the end of November?Also, do they provide any non-motorized activities (i.e. kayaking, beach volleyball, etc.) at the beach club?

Fruitvale, CO
Level Contributor
305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

It was open when we were there in November 2 years ago. No activities. Bezerk could give you a better read on the beach club. Frankly, while it was nice we perfer to stay at a beachfront hotel and avoid the shuttle back and forth.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
106 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

The Beach Club is very nice, but it is so small and private that it would be impossible to organise any activities !

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

Hi...we stayed at Casa Velas in January 2013 for 4 nights (we are timeshare owners at their sister resort, Velas Vallarta). If their website says the Beach Club is "seasonal", it could mean that they aren't open every night for dinner, I know when we were there in January the Beach Club was open for day use every day and for lunch, but I think there were 2 nights that it wasn't opened for dinner. Not sure if it has something to do with occupancy rate or not. The food at the Beach Club is amazing, don't miss a lunch or dinner there.

As far as any non-motorized activities (i.e. kayaking, beach volleyball, etc.) at the beach club, they do not have any such activity, it is a very low key area. However, if you walk along the beach to Velas Vallarta you will find all kinds of activities on the beach and in the pool area.

When staying at Casa Velas, you have full privileges to use the entire facility at Velas Vallarta. So, if you are looking for activities, just walk over or take the free shuttle service provided to Velas, they have evening shows too.

Casa Velas is a unique, quite, beautiful, adult only resort. I can't wait until I can return again some day!!!

Enjoy!!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

Thanks, great info!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

When we were there two weekends in July, the Beach Club was only open for dinner on Thursdays. Every other day it closed at 6 pm.

Wet truly loved Casa Velas, but, to be honest, we thought the Beach Club was its weakest link. It is on a small lot sandwiched between the Marriott and Porto Fino condos, so that even a group of 5 talking loudly (as happened to us) can overwhelm the tiny Casa Velas infinity pool and spoil the super upscale serene atmosphere that makes Casa Velas so special. The beach is also teeming with vendors and the Beach Club isn´t deep enough to avoid them unless you want to sit in the restaurant at the back of the property. . We love Casa Velas, but we don´t care about being on the ocean as we have our own oceanfront property elsewhere in the área. If we did did care, we would would probably stay elsewhere. Food and service at the Beach Club are excellent though.

Edited: 22 August 2013, 21:25
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,858 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

As above, Seasonal means for dinner...The Beach Club is open every day till 5 or 6 ish, lunch menu...it is small but private...

I like it there for a day or few hours or for a few hours on beach, lunch and then back to resort which is so tranquil.

Romantic nightime dinners there are wonderful.

Activity can be found just a tad down the beach at Velas Vallarta which you are free to use all their facilities if staying at Casa Velas AI.

Not sure if November is considered seasonal or not...

email resort ( but will be open in daytime...

concierge@hotelcasavelas.com

http://goo.gl/X7rPV

No matter you cannot go wrong with Casa Velas....best food, service, and pool on site is wonderful...

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

How is the beach and water itself? I've been reading that North and South beaches are much nicer.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

The beaches in the marina area are not the best... the beach at Dreams is one of the best, as well as the beaches south of town, north on the hotel strip and further north in Nuevo.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,858 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

The beach at Dreams is lovely but like a cove so not for walking or such, Nuevo Vallarta beaches are flatter, and great for long walks.

The water is the same pretty much at all of them my opinion, it is all the Pacific Ocean.

I do not find anything wrong with the beaches in the marina..ocean, sand ..loungers, wait service, fits my bill.

Some of beaches in hotel zone are quite rocky..

Beach in front of Casa Velas for some area is roped off, so you have your cabana or lounger, wait service etc..

South side beaches to me are okay nothing that spectactular than anywhere else in PV.

Pretty much all in what you desire..it is not the Caribbean...

Edited: 24 August 2013, 04:30
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Velas Beach Club

I just submitted my review of Casa Velas today, and gave it an excellent 5 star. Wish we were there now. It is so beautiful and tranquil. .

We have a condo in the hotel zone of Vallarta, and also a property just around the corner from Punta Mita. Beaches in the hotel zone are no better than the Marina, but the beaches north and south are nicer in my opinión than in the Marina or the Hotel Zone.

If I were recommending a dream vacation for adults, I would suggest a split vacation between Casa Velas and either Garza Blanca (haven´t stayed there just know its location) or Casa de Mita. The latter isn´t as nice as Casa Velas( but it is along the same lines (lovely personalized service, high-class adult all-inclusive) and on a beautiful near-empty white sandy beach

Edited: 24 August 2013, 23:12