We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Buganvilias Vacation Club?

portland OR
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at Buganvilias Vacation Club?

We are considering staying here with our 2 19 year old daughters as I love the idea of being able to walk to town. However, I also love lounging on a beach under an umbrella and swimming in the ocean. Will we be able to do this? too rocky? how easy is it to use someone else's beach and get an umbrella? Yikes! Advice appreciated.

Puerto VAllarta...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Buganvilias Vacation Club?

ok oldubby, making a very nice desicion, it depends on what dates you`ve visit buganvilias club, now the beaches due to raining season on the mountains, there are not as nice beach as spring or summer, but is swimmable, Sheraton is a very excellent location and service is up to standard, food and drinks unlimited

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Buganvilias Vacation Club?

oldubby, sorry to confuse the issue but 'AmigoinPV' has consistently been giving wrong information on the forum. Having stayed at the Sheraton and being a return vacationer to Puerto Vallarta for over 25+ years I will tell you this is not one of the best beaches in the area... on the Vacation Club/timeshare side of the property there is a seawall and no beach, on the hotel side of the property there is a small roped off beach area with loungers and palapas, the water is rocky and has a steep drop off and not the best for swimming. On the bright side the hotel does have one of the biggest pools in the area with swimup bar and plenty of loungers and umbrellas and a 2nd pool on the Vacation Club side of the property; plenty of dining options between the buffet and ala carte restaurants, and walking distance to town.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,238 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Buganvilias Vacation Club?

I agree somewhat with JNS...the beach is rocky and not very large...has a good size pool (s), but the food is only good in my opinion on the Sunday buffet so pass on the AI, and if you follow me you know I love AI but here was not good..

Service poolside was more than spotty...

Location is great, walkable to Malecon, if go in night or will return after dark bring a flashlight, there is one patch of darkness just before arriving back at hotel that can be dangerous not from others but from falling..

4. Re: Beach at Buganvilias Vacation Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 12:48
5. Re: Beach at Buganvilias Vacation Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 06:21