We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brits at Secrets Vallarta

Gateshead UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Brits at Secrets Vallarta

Just found out that there are now package tours available for 2014 from the UK

Having stayed in Cancun a few time at Excellence resorts thought Puerto Vallarta would make a change with a difference.

So I am looking at Secrets and would love opinions of the resort as I think it may be on a par of the Excellence brand

1. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 12:48
Gateshead UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

I asked a simple question here and got 1 reply and that got deleted

So I am no further forward as to knowing about Secrets

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

I tend to agree with you & I am at a loss to explain why? PV forum is one of the best forums I know & l would have thought you would have been buried in responses by now ?

Could it be that Amber Now? & Secrets are new resorts & people have not had a chance yet to develops opinions ?

I did a search for Secrets in PV forum & got pages of related threads, perhaps they may help you.

Unfortunately I also am not familiar with these resorts other than the location, which is very good,& I read a LOT of good reports.

Hope you get better results in day 2 of your request.

United States
Level Contributor
9,602 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

It's probably because the US is celebrating a 3 day holiday right now. It's called Labor Day! I'd wait a few days. Wait till Tuesday for people to return from out of town. I'm sure you will get more responses soon.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,561 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

Deana took the words right out of my mouth, was typing at the same time. There is a lot of information here on both resorts....so hang in there and wait. Forum is usually less busy on weekends anyway. :-)

Oh just noticed JNS is on now, you'll get an answer soon.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 04:40
6. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 17:41
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

Our first time staying in Mexico was Cancun at the same resort Excellence, which was about 40 min away from cancun. The Excellence was really high end resort, we upgraded to the club, it was really nice and really exspensive. We were with family there and enjoyed this resort, but we won't be back there again, here's why; We found beautiful PV, you will love it !!

We haven't stayed at a resort in PV that is as upscale as Excellence, but Dreams was close, with that said we have not stayed at Secrets so can't comment on that hotel.

I'm sure you'll get lots of posts to help you make your choice, but you might think about staying in the south side, look at a Villa, or condo, so many nice places there. Everything is close to walk to, food heaven:), we love it and will be back down again in October (HAPPY).

Hope you find the perfect place, I know once you stay here you'll want to come back!!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

We only toured the Now Amber/Secrets property last November which is why I did not comment, IMO Palace Resorts Hard Rock Hotel in Nuevo would be more comparable to Excellence. If your specifically looking for adults only at that level you may want to consider Casa Velas, not on the beach but they have a private beach club; Sunset Plaza Beach would be my next suggestion, not adults only but they have an adults only pool and Jacuzzis.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
365 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

We stayed at Now Amber and had access to Secrets. We spent a lot of time at the pools and beach at Secrets.

We spent 14 days there last November and I would go back there in a heartbeat. The service, food, rooms, and pools were top notch. The beach is not the greatest but certainly one of the best in that area. If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them for you.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brits at Secrets Vallarta

I am glad to see you getting better results to your question now.

Just a bit of clarification though. I have travelled to the Cancun/Talum region many times. The east coast is all about the big fancy resorts, beautiful beaches, georgous waters, etc.

PV is more about the culture. Beaches, water, resorts not to the same level unless you go up north to NV or south to Dreams Mismaloya. I would not do NV but would do Mismaloya. I think you location at Secret would be good for a first visit as you are within striking distance of everything. From the airport all the way down to Mismaloya. Secrets is 10 min from the airport.

First trip are for getting your feet on the ground & finding out where is the best location for your next visit because I can assure you there will be more trips. IMO Puerto Vallarta has Mayan Riviera beat hands down, but there must be quite a cost difference for you guys coming all the way from UK.

Hope it all works out for you.