We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in PV

Fort McMurray...
7 posts
Save Topic
New Years Eve in PV

Looking at booking a trip to PV over New Years Eve. Is it bustling? I love it when PV is active. We will be staying in the romantic zone.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in PV

Did December 31, 2011 ... it was definitely "active" - crowded and loud. We stayed at Los Arcos Suites, so were a half-block from the Olas Altas street party (in front of the Playa Los Arcos Hotel).

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,480 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in PV

The only NYE we've experienced in PV was on the 23rd floor of the Peninsula, probably the best fireworks show we'll ever see, it surrounds almost the entire bay.

If you're on or near the beach at midnight you can't miss seeing it.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in PV

Did it twice. One from the fantastic view of Casa Isabel & one from Coco Tropical on boardwalk/beach. Both great. Street party on Olas was the best street party ever. We were stumbling back to our hotel after C.T. When we happened to get drawn into it, wow!!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in PV

The "biggest and best" for us was the one we experienced in 2003 -- we were staying at the Rosita then, and had the Malecon and all the happenings there, including the midnight fireworks, almost at our doorstop.

We walked the Malecon, Plaza, and etc., during the evening, soaking in all the sights and sounds, and then watched the fireworks from the balcony of our room .. and had a wonderful clear view of the sights and sounds, including the boats, and all that were our in the Bay nearby.

That was definitely a night we'll never forget!!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve in PV

been there twice----experienced the street party after spending the evening at café roma--after 10, fox let's the boys go and we have a few before going to the cheryl' rooftop condo----see it all from there---fireworks awesome!!!

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
992 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve in PV

PV has to be one if the best NYE Party towns out there. Best I've been to anyways. Better than Vegas, Way better than Cabo, I still really want to try Times Square for NYE, that may top PV. The Fireworks were better than the International competition held in Vancouver. You are literally surrounded by fireworks, especially if you can get to a beachfront rooftop in "Emiliano Zapata" lol

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
488 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve in PV

Maybe loverofpv will respond she has spent New Years in PV ah..a few times I think and less than 5 years ago.. she loved it.

WE are booked over New Years ourselves this year..but we are very low key..enjoy! Happy New Year..I hear the fireworks are incredible..

Puerto VAllarta...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve in PV

nice place to stay especially on newyears, visit andales, good spot

9. Re: New Years Eve in PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 07:17