We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee Makers

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee Makers

Does anyone remember if Playa Los Arcos have coffee makers in the room??

I just can't seem to recall, LOL

We will be in the Ocean front rooms this time, if that makes any difference.

Thanks all

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,366 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee Makers

Sorry, I cant answer your question specific to Playa Los Arcos but we also like the convenience of a coffee pot in the room for morning coffee; when not available, we bought an inexpensive 'mr coffee' like pot at woolworths, soriana or mega for around $20US and left it behind.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee Makers

Good idea JNS, would be well worth it since we both drink coffee and would be paying for it everyday, plus I want to buy a bag of coffee at one of the local coffee shops and give it a try, I bet it is really good :))

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee Makers

Been staying there a number of yrs. but oceanfront do not have coffeemakers! I saw a couple in the linen rooms so you may ask your housekeeper if she can get you one! They do have them in the equipped suites! You can always pick up one at Walmart, but they generally have coffee set out at 7-7:30 am!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee Makers

Last time we stayed we just went out for breakfast and coffee every morning, but we would like to just get up and have coffee in the room, I did not do the AI, so guessing we would have to pay for coffee in the morning.

We will ask if they will let us use one of the coffee makers, if not no problem going to buy a cheap one,

Thanks for the information :)

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,366 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee Makers

seaside: just a few blocks away there is a great coffee shop across the street from the San Marino hotel... there is also a roaster in town not far from the Our Lady of Guadeloupe church and another further north not far from the Buenaventura. Maybe JR can offer some more info; liking stronger coffee, we drink 'starbucks' and usually bring our own.

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coffee Makers

Seaside. i'm one of those that must have coffee before doing the complex things like tying shoes. Mexico grows some good medium grade coffee. The best comes from Chiapas. If you want world class then look for someone selling Guatemalan coffee. The best is from Antigua, Guatemala.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Coffee Makers

Sigh...I really wish hotels in Mexico would get into coffee makers for we tourists from NOTB.

We do an OXXO run every morning...

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
259 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coffee Makers

Now you guys are making me nervous about coffee. I don't drink a ton but I do like a morning cup while getting ready. I already know I'm going off-site for breakfast (to use free wifi and get breakfast) but I want the option of coffee in my room! ;-) I guess I'll bring some via's with me.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,978 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coffee Makers

Las Vegas is as bad as Mexico for lack of coffeemakers in the rooms, so it's not an anomaly. (-;

Last time I needed a coffeemaker on short notice, I picked one up at Soriana Playa de Oro for about 250 pesos and left it behind. They're generally pretty easy to find.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coffee Makers

Amy, the kitchen in the Mayan Palace has a coffee maker. If there is anything else you need speak to the housekeeper, they have access to a ton of stuff. (If the tip is right)