We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airline tickets

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
airline tickets

purchased airline tickets a month ago. Looking at the flight info this morning, realized i didnt enter a middle name on the reservation and middle name appears on our passports. Booked on Delta if this matters Will this be an issue?

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airline tickets

we did the same thing once and it was a non-issue.

however---i thought it would be and i called the airline and explained the situation. when they said it was okay---i actually asked for an email that stated it was okay---turns out, i didn't need it

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airline tickets

sthwy1,

Welcome to TA!

Not an issue at all, omitting the middle name or initial. Have a great trip and enjoy all that Pto. Vallarta has to offer.

¡Se diviertán!

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,053 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airline tickets

Indeed, welcome to the PV forum. :-)

I would call and document like iyam did.....just to be on the safe side. You never know if you'll run into a picky airline employee.

Oregon
Level Contributor
9,153 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airline tickets

All you have to do is call the airlines. They will type in the correct information while you are on the phone call. It happened to me and that is what I did. I rested easier when I knew it matched my passport.

Twin Bridges...
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airline tickets

I have never put my middle name down when filling out the forms for online airline tickets. I only fill out the parts of the form with the asterisk denoting which field is required info and middle name usually has no asterisk. Have never had a problem.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airline tickets

This issue comes up fairly often on the TA Air Travel Forum tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

The consensus there is that titles and middle initials don't matter

Regina
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airline tickets

I was told by Westjet the ticket must match the passport name exactly.

Oregon
Level Contributor
9,153 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airline tickets

I do know with Alaska Airlines and Delta... When you make your reservations you have to put your information in exactly as your name is on your passport.

BC
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airline tickets

However, both Alaska and Delta will not put your full middle name on the ticket, if they don't have room or just decide not to bother...we were worried about them changing/shortening our names like this, but on the phone they were very uncaring about it and said it didn't matter.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airline tickets

I was just on the phone with Alaska last week about the situation with the middle names for someone and they said they don't matter, however the API (advance passenger information) must match the passport and be correct for TSA. That was entered correctly (as I did it for them, so I know) so they said that was fine that the ticket didn't have middle name because the API was correct.