We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
643 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

Thanks for the replies on the balconies. Another question ;-) I have stayed in Puerto Vallarta before, but never in the hotel zone. Is the beach in front of thd Canto suitable for boogie boarding?

Thanks again!!!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,331 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

Not much of a beach (sand) in front of Canto del Sol, more of a chance in front of the Crown Paradise, Krystal, Holiday Inn or Friendly Vallarta or further south on Los Muertos beach in front of the Tropicana or Playa Los Arcos hotels.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

I agree with JNS, depending on the break (waves), the locals boogie board @ or near Los Muertos Beach in Pto. Vallarta. Further out (and considerably better break) can be found in Nuevo at Punta Mita and Sayulita.

¡Se diviertán!

Edited: 21 September 2013, 18:34
Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

We are currently booked at the samba in November, but due to non smoking policy (couple we are travelling with) we are considering changing. The Canto is in the same price point, however boogie boarding is very important to my husband. I know it would be better in Nuevo for this , but as long as I can tell him it is possible at the Canto, I might be able to convince that this would be a good alternative ;-)

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

We are currently booked at the samba in November, but due to non smoking policy (couple we are travelling with) we are considering changing. The Canto is in the same price point, however boogie boarding is very important to my husband. I know it would be better in Nuevo for this , but as long as I can tell him it is possible at the Canto, I might be able to convince that this would be a good alternative ;-)

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,726 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

A lot of locals always boogie board on Los Muertos Beach not too far south of the Rio Cuale on the South Side. That's all I know about Los Muertos....could be another good spot too, but I watch them all the time south of the river, approximately near Vista del Sol and Lindo Mar condos.

In the winter the ocean is much more active, so the boogie boarding potential should be pretty good as far as a PV location might offer.

Have a nice trip!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,331 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

The actual slope of the beach allows the waves needed for boogie boarding, the steeper the slope the bigger the waves; most of the beaches north on the hotel strip closer to town (Buenaventura, Sheraton, Canto, Now Amber, Secrets, Sunset Plaza) have very little beach/slope to create the undertow needed for a higher than normal surf. Los Muertos beach on the southside is your best bet or hotels further north (Fiesta Americana, Friendly, Holiday Inn, Crown Paradise) on the hotel strip (not the marina area either) or in Nuevo.

Edited: 21 September 2013, 20:37
7. Re: Canto Del Sol - boogie boarding???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:17