We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night dining

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Late night dining

What's everyone's recommendations for dinner after 11pm? I've done Barcelona , dolce vita, piziatsa, margarita grill. Does anyone have some others?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night dining

Street Food.

"Funman"

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,335 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night dining

Im not sure that you would get served if you walked in after 11pm, but we've been at Fajita Republic many a night after 11pm as well as Las Adelitas, Le Bistro, Joe Jacks and the River Club... we haven't been yet but the Los Muertos Brewery is open late as well as a lot of the restaurants near the clubs on the malecon; and the Dog House is open all night if youre looking for a quick bite.

Hopefully JR will offer some insight here, after a day of Coronas on the beach we are usually looking for something to eat later as well, and it would be great not to rush out by 9 or 10pm!

Edited: 23 September 2013, 04:13
san diego
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night dining

Panchos tacos. Quick, easy

, good eats. A step up from street food.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late night dining

There are some places on cupocity.com right now that show their times. One is 11:00 PM, http://cupocity.com/puerto-vallarta (Click on more info)

"Funman"

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late night dining

I'll second mrfatboy's recommendation of Pancho's Takos on Basilio Badillo 162 (in the heart of the Romantic Zone {Old Town} adjacent to the elementary school):

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150793-d1…

Great typical Mexican late night food at dirt cheap prices. Make sure to include an order of grilled onions; you can thank me later. A place not to be missed at least once every trip to Pto. Vallarta; closed Sundays.

¡Se diviertán!

Edited: 23 September 2013, 14:35
New Cumberland
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late night dining

For very late you can go to Pepe's Tacos which is a few blocks from Leys on Honduras. This place is open all night, has really good al pastor and lots of other options. It's actually quite possible with locals and tourists alike.

san diego
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Late night dining

FYI. Panchos takos doesn't up until 6pm. I wish they were open for lunch.

San Diego
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late night dining

I'll 3rd (or 4th?) Panchos Takos - great yummy tacos and great prices. Pepe's is good too, but not as good in my opinion.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late night dining

I think the OP stays in the Marina so i think Pepe's would be closer for him to get to - not totally sure about this - plus, is the OP really talking about taco places or actual restaurants?? I think the time of year would enter into the issue of restaurants being open after 11PM - i know that many years ago, El Panorama would be open late - after 11PM, it used to fill up with Mexican nationals - not sure if it is still like that - might be worth checking out though -

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,732 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late night dining

mrfatboy - I haven't been tried them yet, but apparently Playa Los Arcos hotel has opened a taco stand on the north side of their building.....5 tacos for 50 pesos. I had the impression they're open for lunch, I'm looking forward to trying them myself in October.