We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
Level Contributor
712 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

Arrived Sunday after an hour delay was pleased to see the improvements at the airport since the last time I was here 2011 ! We went across the bridge for a taxi to conchas chinas for 150 Pesos . We stayed across from Linda mar so it was convenient to have dinner at La playita - food is fine but sitting by the beach having dinner watching the gorgeous sunsets is amazing ! The next day we woke to a tremendous rainstorm oh oh I was worried then heard it was due to Manuel and Ingrid I was relieved when it finally cleared up but it was sad to see the devastation in Acapulco 😞 we went into town and changed money at ci banco exchange on olas altas got a great rate just had to show my passport was entered in the system given a number so I wouldn't have to take my passport again ! Had dinner at joe jacks very good ps this is a great place to go if you're alone as well as with company 😄 this was a rest and relax vacation so I spent the days walking around town reading at the pool and dining out . Other places I went were Vitea on the malecon - delicious ! El Brujo another fave and blue shrimp - again on the beach great seafood and sunsets to watch plus they have an amazing singer who is fantastic ! Guacamole made fresh at the table is so good and their coconut shrimp is to die for ! Bus was 7 pesos to town taxi 50 pesos . Farmacia Guadalajara has competive prices for Motrin etc and some quick grab and go basic groceries . I did go to a fruteria one day and got some watermelon to go when I felt like a light lunch . For my final treat onto last night I got a fantastic massage by Angie at metamorfosis day spa I had seen her 2 years ago and loved her massage I emailed her from here and set up my appointment . When I walked in it was like seeing an old friend she is just so warm and kind the massage was great a great end to my stay . As usual great people - kind and friendly , amazing food and the perfect vacation spot to relax thank you PV !

san francisco
Level Contributor
712 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

Ps forgot coco's kitchen for lunch and also la playita for breakfast - the frittata Eduardo was yummy !

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
227 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

sound's like you had a great time! thanks for the report..can't wait going in 3 weeks can't wait for the great food,cold drinks,and those amazing sunsets

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report

Sounds like you had a great time, I hardly wait to get back there! Dec.30th yes!

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report

Sounds like a very successful trip. Thanks for your report!

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a wonderful time. We are counting the days when we will be there in November.

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
625 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report

Thanks for the trip report giantsgrl. Glad the weather wasn't an issue for you . Sounds like you had a great time! I want to try El Brujo this time and Vitea looks great too. Can't wait to get there in October!

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report

You did a great trip. Glad to hear the rain was only temporary. El Brujo is a favorite of mine too. :)

San Diego
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great time. I love Joe Jack's - glad you do too.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,180 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report

giant---glad you had a relaxing and fun time---I love el brujo too. glad the weather was a non-issue

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,766 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report

Thanks for sharing, sounds like a fun time was had!!:)