We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellery donation

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Jewellery donation

I think I need to clean out my jewellery box again & I know I read about where to take it but of course I can't find the info & my little brain doesn't remember. The last time I brought a few things down I couldn't find the ppl I had intended on dropping things off to so when I was at the Saturday Market downtown I gave the jewellery to the lady who collects it for the women prisoners who make those gorgeous dolls! I can do that again but would appreciate the name(s) of some other ppl who might welcome my costume jewellery.

Thanks so much for any info you can provide! See you in paradise!

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewellery donation

So happy you posted this - i have so much costume jewelry it is ridiculous & now i hope someone answers this so that when i get to PV on Oct 11 i will have a place to donate all of it to -

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewellery donation

if you can not find who to donate those jewels

maybe sell them to a pawn shop casa de empeño

there are two or three casa de empeños in front of LA MEGA

with the cash it is easier to donate

just an idea

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,353 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewellery donation

It's possible The Peace Boutique would be interested. They give donated items to crafter's and then sell what they make in their store. Last I knew their store was in Plaza Romy. The street entrance is on Lazaro Cardenas between Pino Suarez and I. Vallarta.

When Brenda still had Mango Cafe I took in a lot of items.....buttons, zippers and other sewing items from my sewing basket, lots of beads from my beading hobby, and I can't remember what else. I also bought some things myself, it's a pretty cool little store of craft items. Anyway, here is their facebook site....

https://www.facebook.com/peaceboutiquemx

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewellery donation

Thanks Kansas! I'll keep the boutique in mind.

Chicos, I really don't want to sell the stuff I have but thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I have a whole lot to give away but what I do have I'd like to donate to a good cause.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewellery donation

Will second the suggestion of the 'Peace Boutique', made by Kansas (in post #3). Not sure if their store is still located in Plaza Romy ... but that's where it was when we visited last as well.

The crafter's make some fine products, and I'm sure whatever you can donate would be used, and the contributions much-appreciated.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewellery donation

Great idea, thanks Kansas. I have browsed that store and bought a few items but I never thought to bring down some/all of the sewing/craft supplies that my mom had. Now I know where to take it, but I think I will check-in first and see how much they need.:)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewellery donation

The Peace Boutique was part of Brenda's Cafe Mango, which is no more, here's wishing positive thoughts to Brenda who's in the hospital in Minneapolis :)

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jewellery donation

Thanks everyone! Good to see you on TA JR! See you in a few months!

9. Re: Jewellery donation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 06:19