We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sayulita Surf Lesson

Terre Haute, Indiana
Level Contributor
426 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Sayulita Surf Lesson

My husband really wants a surf lesson....any thoughts on how to do this for a day? Any one to contact to schedule this?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sayulita Surf Lesson

It's easy to line lessons / rentals up right on the beach, there's no need to organize anything in advance - just look for the places with surfboards stacked up, and go talk to them. Lessons typically last for a couple of hours, and you can arrange to keep the board for longer. Prices depend on supply / demand, how many people are in the group, etc.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sayulita Surf Lesson

OT's advice sounds pretty solid to me.

And I googled 'Sayulita Surf Lesson' and got several results including TA threads and reviews.

Also there are Saylulita and Punta de Mita forums where you'll probably get more answers..

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g445056-i9130-Sayu…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g499443-i9235-Punt…

Edited: 30 September 2013, 17:37
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sayulita Surf Lesson

Yeah it's easy to grab a laid back lesson right on the beach in Sayulita. I'd just show up and wing it!

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
260 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sayulita Surf Lesson

I have never heard a bad thing about wildmex.com.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sayulita Surf Lesson

My son went for lessons last year. We were camped out at Captain Cooks bar on the beach & my son tried all the beach vendors for price. He ended up back at a guy just to the north of Capt. Cooks, 500 pesos for 2 hrs instruction, had the board for the rest of the day plus a T-shirt.

We arrived 10am & the guy wanted min 4 in class but called him back at 12:30 As he had another couple so 3 in class. Whole thing was REALLY casual but they all had a great time & were surfing on their feet all afternoon.

Another great day in Sayulita !!!

6. Re: Sayulita Surf Lesson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 07:19